Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairview Bridge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Mental really. Sure they could sell advertising rights on the bridge to help fund it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

The herald, such a reliable and informed newspaper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The first thing they should do in Fairview is set the lights at Edge's corner to allow pedestrians cross the road fully without having to wait for two cycles of the lights. That bridge is fairly useless anyway and kind of scary to cross as it starts to bounce once you go a certain way across it.

The car is not everyone's God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The bridge isn't useless at all, lots use it and carry their bikes over it too.
    It does bounce but realy, that's not scary, it isn't going to collapse.

If the council sold advertising on it then could make some of the cost back.
    2 million is a huge sum of money for a bridge.
    I'm no engineer but I hadn't realized it would cost that much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

if it aint broken dont fix it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

The bridge isn't useless at all, lots use it and carry their bikes over it too.
    It does bounce but realy, that's not scary, it isn't going to collapse.

If the council sold advertising on it then could make some of the cost back.
    2 million is a huge sum of money for a bridge.
    I'm no engineer but I hadn't realized it would cost that much

Welcome to Ireland, all the engineering work is going to "the boys" rather than someone who can do a good job at a low price. This place is becoming more like Italy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Welcome to Ireland, all the engineering work is going to "the boys" rather than someone who can do a good job at a low price. This place is becoming more like Italy.

One more thing in common would be the rialto bridge.

Advertisement