Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom-v-Me

• 16-07-2010 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi guys and girls......just a quick question.

I originally had ****ty Eircom 3mb for about a year...Lost my job..and ended up not being able to pay for it, so got cut off...

The question is...when my termination letter arrived, my bill was a massive:) €216.00...but now they want €280.00...

I am out of work now for about a year and a half and asked the legal company what the extra cash was for and received a reply of......Eircom say that amount is still outsanding and I have 72 hours to pay !!!!!!!!!

When I sent a letter asking EG Hall why I was being charged extra money for no service, I got a reply of, basically........Eircom say that you owe it...so pay up !!!!!!!.

Anyone have any legal knowledge.I thought it was illegal to charge for a service that is not being supplied...I know I could be wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks folks.

Keith

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I am not sure what exactly you expect people here to say to you given that we haven't got the full details of what transpired between you and Eircom or the the other people involved.

What exactly are you asking us?

Were you still in a 12 month contract with Eircom when you lost your job?

Did you cancel the contract in the proper way?

Are there call charges outstanding?

Have you asked Eircom for a detailed breakdown of whats involved in the total amount?

No company can just decree that you owe them an amount you are obviously entitled to a full breakdown of charges.

It is obviously not on to charge anyone for a service that is not being provided but it is perfectly reasonable for a company to pursue a customer for the charges for a service that has been provided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You didn't pay your bill, you owe them money, you need to pay that. What else is there to say?

If you did cancel it properly, and there wasn't anything owing, then tell them to f-off. If you do actually owe the money though, then you need to pay it.
    Anyone have any legal knowledge.

You cannot ask for legal advice here.
    I thought it was illegal to charge for a service that is not being supplied

From what you've said, the charges relate to what you owed them for when the service was being supplied, but you didn't pay for. There's nothing illegal here, except for what you did (not paying your bill).

Advertisement