Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinny McLaughlin music

Options
  • 16-07-2010 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just wondering would anyone know where I can either download or buy a cd of Dinny McLaughlin? Specifically, I'm looking for his rendition of Blind Mary. I used to listen to it a lot last year on his website, where you could stream it, but the website's not there anymore. I'd prefer to download it but would consider shipping a CD over here if that's the only option.

Was just watching the RTE news clip of the funerals back home and at the end I could hear Dinny playing Blind Mary. Even just the few seconds of it captured on the clip were so moving. A hauntingly sad song for a very sad occasion.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Hello,

Just wondering would anyone know where I can either download or buy a cd of Dinny McLaughlin? Specifically, I'm looking for his rendition of Blind Mary. I used to listen to it a lot last year on his website, where you could stream it, but the website's not there anymore. I'd prefer to download it but would consider shipping a CD over here if that's the only option.

Was just watching the RTE news clip of the funerals back home and at the end I could hear Dinny playing Blind Mary. Even just the few seconds of it captured on the clip were so moving. A hauntingly sad song for a very sad occasion.

Thanks

there is a music store on the market square in letterkenny called Universal Records. The lads that work in there shouldn't have any hassle ordering it for ya. I could call in after work this evening and see if they can get it if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

danniemcq wrote: »
    there is a music store on the market square in letterkenny called Universal Records. The lads that work in there shouldn't have any hassle ordering it for ya. I could call in after work this evening and see if they can get it if you want?

Jeez, thanks very much, very kind of you to offer, but I wouldn't expect you to go to all that trouble. I'm not even sure what cd it is yet. Also, I live overseas so I'd want to get it shipped over here. I'll try and find out what cd it is and then might give them a call myself.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Here's the Album details: LINK

Although you may find it hard to get, as I think it's only available locally.

SoulTrader wrote: »
    Jeez, thanks very much, very kind of you to offer, but I wouldn't expect you to go to all that trouble. I'm not even sure what cd it is yet. Also, I live overseas so I'd want to get it shipped over here. I'll try and find out what cd it is and then might give them a call myself.

Thanks again.

http://www.thesession.org/recordings/display/1779 is the cd i think you are looking for but it says amazon don't have it

http://www.irishmusicreview.com/Dinny%20McLaughlin.htm hmmmm actually it might be kinda hard to get it
    It might be difficult to find copies of this generally excellent album since the liner notes (co-written by another well known pupil, Liz Doherty) provide no details of a webpage. However, Húdaí Beag's in Bunbeg had copies behind the bar and it was also stocked by the nearby Dunlewey Centre in Money Beg - presumably, it's obtainable in Letterkenny too

+353 (0)74 953 1016 is the number for Hudais i think fairly hard to find it online

Tel: + 353 (0)74 9531699 is the number for Dunlewey Centre

so i'd say either of them would be able to help ya out :D

I ment to say that, although I don't know the artist myself, I do know where he lives! :D

If you can't track down a copy, come back here (all sad :( ), and I'll ask a few locals to have a look out for it ( :) )

• Advertisement

Nice work dannymcq - pity you're too slow! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Thanks very much for the replies! I've pretty much exhausted Google at this stage, so I'll look into calling a few those shops mentioned above, and see if they have it.

Cheers

mrmac wrote: »
    Nice work dannymcq - pity you're too slow! :p

hey I’m sorry that my in depth investigation into this topic so i could give a proper and thorough answer takes a little bit more time than just a quick Google. Mrmac you are like the Twitter of boards.ie whereas I’m more of the… hmmm trying to think of decent factual newspaper that does its research but coming up blank… Rolling Stone?

haha! Don't get mad - get even! :D

/wonders what happened to that poker game HS was supposed to be organising?? Must send out a PM before dannymcq! :)

/@dannymcq - PM sent to ya bhoyo!

Advertisement