Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sligo or galway as a college city?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

what city would people recommend going to college in?? from a mayo perspective - galway or sligo??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

hi tennessee time I'm a 2nd year in Ul and I would strongly recommend not to make your college choice on where the college is make it on the course you want , i know a lot of my friends from secondary school are scattered across the country one even went to England . if it's a social scene you are looking for all the colleges have a good one around term time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

well galway for sure,its a better city ,way bigger.But one thing about sligo is that its nuts,everyone wants to get plastered,Id say galway.I went ot galway and thought it was a good place.As said above it all depends on what you want to do,if the course is in sligo that oyu want to do and not in galway go to sligo .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

what city would people recommend going to college in?? from a mayo perspective - galway or sligo??

Theres a big difference in courses offered, NUIG being a university and Sligo/GMIT being IT's. Both are easy enough to get to on buses. Pick your course first and then worry about where to do it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sarahspud

Galway by far! Much busier & better student life, plus the city is very cultural with loads of events & a great atmosphere, much better music scene,great nightlife, no contest in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

thats like asking who was the better footballer pele or carlton palmer

galway easily, half mayo is there already anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement