Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford spca Kitten Morning

• 16-07-2010 9:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭

not affiliated with them but they are having a kitten morning tomorrow (sat) in their offices at the marian shop junction (beside the mercy school) from 10.30am to 1pm lots of kittens will be looking for a home, i think this is a great idea!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think it's a great idea but I must say I find your username amusing considering what this topic is about. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

:D lol, obviously im all things cat obsessed! and for someone who has travelled the country to pick up a kitten, i think this idea is fab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier, wouldn't be in a position to take a kitten home, (won't be here long enough to look after one), but would have wandered in just to see how long I could retain my Lantern-Jawed manliness before degenerating into a cooing mess :pac:

Ah well, hopefully lots of lovely kittens get good homes today :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Is anyone doing a special offer on neutering them? Or next year there will be even more to rehouse.

I'm not in a position to take anymore at the moment. I've got one very sick young cat not much more than a kitten that has cat flu plus an older cat. Sick cat isn't improving so it wouldn't be fair on her to have a lively kitten around her.

• Advertisement

looksee wspca are very good, there is usually a neutering programme where its offered at a discounted rate when you re home a rescue kitten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Aw no I'm missing the kittehs!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Looks like I've caved and allowed my fiancée talk me around to taking one of them! Hearing how its pregnant mother was dumped up a lane made it a bit hard to refuse. So she's on her way to her new home now. She does look cute out in fairness. My fiancée said there are some load of them down there.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Looks like I've caved and allowed my fiancée talk me around to taking one of them! Hearing how its pregnant mother was dumped up a lane made it a bit hard to refuse. So she's on her way to her new home now. She does look cute out in fairness. My fiancée said there are some load of them down there.

She'll have you wrapped round her little paw in no time. Do you have a cat already? I think they like company.

I got a discounted rate €25 to neuter the stray tom cat we took in. Tadhg at The Pet Hospital beside The Three Shippes carries out the reduced rate neutering for the WSPCA, you get a voucher from the WSPCA beforehand. I recommend him, very caring vet.

deisemum wrote: »
    She'll have you wrapped round her little paw in no time. Do you have a cat already? I think they like company.

I got a discounted rate €25 to neuter the stray tom cat we took in. Tadhg at The Pet Hospital beside The Three Shippes carries out the reduced rate neutering for the WSPCA, you get a voucher from the WSPCA beforehand. I recommend him, very caring vet.

We've got four dogs at the moment and apparently the kitten was somewhere with 14 dogs or something like that so we'll have to see how she gets on with them. We were in Dublin last night so the girl said to take the kitten's sister for company. They're both cute out but we think they might have cat flu. We don't have a huge amount of experience with cats but my fiancée's friend does and worked in a vet's for years so we're kind of running it by her.

• Advertisement

thats good that your friend in keeping an eye, but if you are unsure at all get her to a vet, a kitten can get very sick very quickly even with somthing as non assuming as a cold. a course of antib's and maybe steriods may do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 daisyholeR

Do you know if they'll be having any more of these in the near future? Will be looking for a kitten myself soon... about a month's time

dont know about the kitten mornign, but give them a call maybe 051 84414 or let me know closer to the time as i always hear of a few kitties looking for a good home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Looks like I've caved and allowed my fiancée talk me around to taking one of them!

Jesus your house is becoming like a zoo! I'll have to call out and see the kitten at some stage.

Most vets have adverts on their noticeboard with details of pets looking for homes. Unfortunately there seems to be more pets than there are homes resulting in a lot of them being put down.

Jesus your house is becoming like a zoo! I'll have to call out and see the kitten at some stage.

It's kittens now! :D

We decided to keep waht we thought was her sister. It now turns out that both of them are male! They both have cat flu but Tadhg said we caught it really, really early so it shouldn't be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

It's kittens now! :D

We decided to keep waht we thought was her sister. It now turns out that both of them are male! They both have cat flu but Tadhg said we caught it really, really early so it shouldn't be too bad.

Ye're becoming like crazy people who collect plastic bags, with dogs and cats running around the place. Julie's allergic to cats apparently so that's the last time we'll be out in your house!

Advertisement