Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ at the weekend

Options
  • 16-07-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey guys I know there's a thread on this already but looking for a more preise answer. I'm having a BBQ at the weekend (weather permitting) and I plan on cooking Ribs, Chicken Wings, Chicken Fillets, Steaks, King prawns and then just the usual sausage and burgers, anybody got any recipes I can use, I dont want to be just using BBQ sauce on everything, any tips would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I find it's better to pre-cook ribs and chicken wings and finish them off on the barbecue so they're properly cooked right through without drying up altogether. I boil my pork ribs for around 20 minutes then barbecue them with a sauce made from equal part of worcestershire sauce, honey and ketchup. It's really good and you can add chilli if you want.

I roast wings in the oven for 20 minutes then barbecue them with this sauce:
    Half a bottle of plum sauce
    A tablespoon of honey
    A heaped teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
    A tablespoon of soy sauce
    A teaspoon of sunflower oil.

Sausages stay plumper if you put them in a bowl then pour on boiling water and leave them for 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And if it's a charcoal grill, don't forget to build the fire more to one side than the other, so you have indirect heat for cooking chicken; and remember to leave the skin on.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Thanks Dizzy, gonna try both of those

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭AEH1984

Unfortunately its a gas grill sparks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I like to barbeque the chicken fillets or steaks in a sweet chilli marinade,it tastes great on the BBQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

AEH1984 wrote: »
    Unfortunately its a gas grill sparks
    Bother. That does make it a bit harder. You could try leaving one burner off, but to be honest, it doesn't work as well as you'd hope.

Advertisement