Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8pin EPS Adapter

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

An adaptor should work, but if your PSU doesn't give you enough connectors to plug into your hardware you have to ask yourself the question: Does this PSU have the capacity to run all of the connected hardware running at full clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Solitaire wrote: »
    An adaptor should work, but if your PSU doesn't give you enough connectors to plug into your hardware you have to ask yourself the question: Does this PSU have the capacity to run all of the connected hardware running at full clip?

To be fair, I don't know a single PSU that has two EPS connectors.

Pretty sure a good few high-output units do... mostly past the 1kW mark.

Pretty sure a good few high-output units do... mostly past the 1kW mark.

OP, what MoBo is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

That what I was thinking.

As for the Motherboard. I cant find any info about it, anywhere which is wierd.
    Have a look here...........
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963386

• Advertisement

Gerb68 wrote: »
    That what I was thinking.

As for the Motherboard. I cant find any info about it, anywhere which is wierd.
    Have a look here...........
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055963386

Ah, it's a server MoBo, pretty sure you'll be wanting a better power supply for it anyway then :)

I can't even remember if Socket F mobos can use standard ATX PSUs... I do know they only take special custom CPU coolers and specific compatible Registered ECC RAM modules :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

The Registered ECC RAM is interesting.
    I have two Heatsinks/Coolers for it and two Opteron 8214HE's.
    I would love to see the PSU that worked with this Motherboard.
    I know most Dual EPS PSU's are high end.
    I was thinking that if all it solely needs is 2 x 8 pin EPS 12 volt connectors and a few 4 pin connectors for, what I can see, is to power the Sata drives, then maybe it doesn't have to be a high end PSU.
    I think Corsair do a HX series that has dual EPS.Such as the HX850. I suppose I need to know more about the board.

Advertisement