Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card transfer balances

Options
  • 16-07-2010 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

hi

got a bank of ireland credit card and wish to transfer my balance owned of 350 to another credit card account( bank of ireland are rubbish i find)
    anyway i have missed last months mininum payment deadline and now will be charged a fee on top of this..

what way does this work now..

thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you're looking to switch your credit card, whoever you switch to will most likely ask for recent credit card statements with your application. If you have missed a payment, this will negatively affect your application. Which bank were you thinking of applying to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭kincaid

hi

was looking to transfer my balance to the ulster bank,have already a current account with them too
    i will receive my BOI Credit card statement next month with the missed payment fee on it so might be a good idea to wait to the month after that statement or so before i approach ulster bank or would it matter..

was also thinking of paying total amount and closing the credit card account but maybe not a good idea to do this

really annoyed at BOI as was not receiving statements in time and sometimes never getting them at all and customer care is rubbish too

really just want nothing more to do with them

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

UB will want more than one month's credit card statements, they'll probably want 3 or 6, so they'll still see the missed payment fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

kincaid wrote: »
    really annoyed at BOI as was not receiving statements in time and sometimes never getting them at all and customer care is rubbish too

You can get your credit card account added to your 365 display, so you can keep an eye on the balance. Recent statements are also accessible online.

The statement tends to be issued at the same time every month with the payment due on approximately the same date. Therefore, even if you aren't getting statements, you can still make payments etc.

Advertisement