Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLD SCHOOL GYM??? cork

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

Just wondering if there is any real gyms in cork? Im a member of the Mardyke Arena and it is a very decent gym with lots of modern machines.

But im looking for a proper powerlifting type gym - no posers, just really interested in old school techniques - kettle bells, tractor wheels, farmers walk, ropes, old school lat machines, .

It might be bit run down but i dont care just want lots of equipment.
    Im not a bodybuilder but am getting vrey interested in powerlifting(while being fairly weak, lol!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Not sure of the name of it but I think there is something similar just off Evergreen st. I've never been in there but when I have passed there it all seems to be free weights & little else from what I have seen.

If you are coming from the South Gate Bridge end of Evergreen street walking towards Turners Cross. Shortly after you pass the community centre there will be a lane on the right hand side. The gym is on that lane, I think it is the first building you come too.

The lane will take you towards Friars walk/Tower street area.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coltay

cheers mudoken,

any chance you know name of it?

I'm not sure but I'll probably be passing there later so I'll check the name of it for you (if I remember). :)

The place was shut when I went by but I'd say this is the one, the address matches where I thought it was anyway. :)

St Finbarrs Weight Training Club,
    Crones Lane,
    Evergreen Street.

021 431 2715

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

The locker room might also fit the bill!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 small sean

Fitton Street gym is as good as it gets for old school gym in Cork

corkcomp wrote: »
    The locker room might also fit the bill!

Isn't that poser central though ?

small sean wrote: »
    Fitton Street gym is as good as it gets for old school gym in Cork

Lad I worked with years ago went there, he was an old school weight lifter, animal of a man he was.

Advertisement