Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Bands No Support

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

How Come there seems to be no major following for live bands anymore..No one goes to support

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Are we talking original-material bands, here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I used to go to at least two gigs a week, but most of the lads I used to go with got married and settled down. I blame the kids......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I be more on the lines of orginal material bands.Some great ones out there but no one supports them...

Haha havign Kids would probably stop that alrite but you could arrange a lads night were ye regroup

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

There have been some great gigs with Cork bands recently. I went to the album launch for 2 bands and was very impressed with the turnout. My Evil Ex filled the Pav and put on a rocking show with 2 support acts, and Crossbones did a savage gig in the Crane Lane a few weeks back too.

Think it's down to how the bands market themselves. If they work to drum up support, they'll get it. Otherwise they end up being unknowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

it probably has a lot to do with the fact that a lot more international acts play cork now than 10 years ago thanks to cyprus avenue, the pav and some hard working independent promoters.

back around '99-2000 the only live music you'd see in town would be on a friday night in fred zeppelins or the lobby.

the competition is too hard for cork bands now. a punter will pay €15 to see wild beasts, but won't pay €5 to see some unknown young fellas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement