Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who will be your team's surprise package next season?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

I reckon Berba or Anderson could shine next season. Of course I spouted the same prediction last season and was promptly made to look foolish by my friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

For Newcaslte Haris Vučkić, if lives up to his reputation. He hasnt really played that much at all do its purely that.

More realistically i think Jose Enrique could be quite a hit next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Almunia - purely as everyone will be suprised he's still allowed in an Arsenal jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

He had a stormer in the Championship for us but I think Andy Carroll can really do a good job for us up front.

One of the highest scorers in the Championship, still very young, a nuisance for defenders to deal with, confident young lad which has earned him the number 9 shirt.

He can be a bit tempermental at times but he's a really really good player and may just have a brilliant season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm genuinely not taking the p*ss, when i say Lucas.

especially if Masch goes, he may have to become one of the leaders on the pitch, and you never know, he could.
    He was fantastic last season to be fair to him.
    This year i can see Maxi now he's settled having a great season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Mister men wrote: »
    He was fantastic last season to be fair to him.
    This year i can see Maxi now he's settled having a great season.

Do you reckon Maxi will start many games though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

hernandez_349348a.jpg

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,018 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

^^^ Worst photoshop ever imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

8-10 wrote: »
    I'm asked constantly who the latest wonderkid is at Ajax and next season I think we'll see one stamp his name on the Eredivisie for sure:

Christian Eriksen
    I'm sure a few of you might have heard the name, he was the youngest player at the World Cup and has played with the first team since the start of the year (think Arsenal were rumoured to be interested), but I saw virtually all our games last season and it's been a while since I've seen a guy read a game and pass with such composure.

In my opinion, though early days, he looks better than Sneijder was at his age. The term 'next Bergkamp' is thrown around about him a lot but I really think in a few years once he moves on to a bigger league this guy will be HUGE.

What about Rodney Sneijder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Lauri Dalla Valle. If you don't know who he is now, you will by the end of the season.

I hope. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've been waiting till after a few pre-season games to decide who Hamburgs could be and honestly, there's not many to choose from.

I've been paying close attention to a young 18 year old Korean lad named Heung-Min Son who plays as an attacking mid/winger/striker. I remember seeing him play for the Korean U-17's last year on Eurosport and he was full of running and scored a lovely goal. Apparently he joined the club around March and played for the U-19's.
    He's been with the first team this pre season and in the 4 games I've seen him play he's been good. Against Juventus he made some good runs and set up a few chances, he was just missing the final shot.
    If he stays with the first team this season, which I think he will, he could turn some heads around the league given the chance. Ruud Van Nistelrooy is mentoring him aswell so he's learning from one of the best around :).
    He could be pushed well down though when the world cup players get back on Monday. Even if this isn't his year I'm still very excited for this guys future, he's got bags of potential.

Scored a nice goal today:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Arsenal- Samir Nasri
    Showed glimpses last season but never really got into full flow. He was away from the France camp at the world cup which can only be a good thing. He has participated fully in pre season and looks in great shape and form. Im really expecting him to push on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Arsenal - Fabregas :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United - Anderson hopefully :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Reckon Tomas Rosicky could have a big season for Arsenal. He has the ability and if he can stay fit he could be a key player for Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

peabutler wrote: »
    Reckon Tomas Rosicky could have a big season for Arsenal. He has the ability and if he can stay fit he could be a key player for Arsenal.

I fully agree but his ability to get injured is unreal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Chelsea: Ramires, if the deal goes through. He's an amazing player. I've been impressed anytime I've seen him.

Atleti: I reckon Salvio could do well if he gets more of a run. Hopefully, Merida & Filipe Luis do well too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

United - Tom Cleverly, will probably go put on loan though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Arsenal - biggest surprise package will be Wenger getting his finger out and signing the players we need to compete.

Advertisement