Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7wk and not sick

• 16-07-2010 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guy
    I am new to both boards & pregnancy
    Im 7 wks on my first pregnancy and a major worrier. so far the only symptoms i have it sore BBs, heartburn & a bit of tirdness oh and i little back pain.
    I have no morning sickness but get the feeling of nausea when i havent eaten. My sisters were really sick on all their pregnancys and my mum was sick on some of us. My sister got me worries and said sickness is a good sign!
    I have read that people with no sickness are more likey to have a MC. I have booked an early scan for next week to help rest my mind but would appreciate if anyone has has the same lack of sickness and if all turned out well?
    Tks
    Gypsyp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I was sicker on my first pregnancy which ended in a MC than I was on my next pregnancy which has resulted in a beautiful little girl. In fact, I wasn't really sick at all. Never actually vomitted and like yourself, would only feel a bit nauseous when I was hungry.

Try not to worry, its not good for you. Be glad of the minor symptoms that you do have and try not to worry about a MC unless you get any symptoms of one (pain and bleeding)

You're still very early too so some major sickness could make an appearance yet! Enjoy feeling well while you do!

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Karmella

I'm 14 weeks now and wasn't sick AT ALL! Did have the sore boobs, the tiredness and oh my god the hormones!!!! But no sickness. Its quite easy to worry and think that maybe there isn't anything in there at all - I know that I did worry a bit, but had a scan at 12 weeks and it was all good, baby was moving around and everything.

I'd say all the girls with the MS will agree that we are extremely lucky! No harm in having the early scan anyway to set your mind at ease though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Luckily I was never sick but would feel a little nausea as the pregnancy progressed if I was hungry. Don't worry, sisters can be a pain sometimes :)
    Here is some sensible reading from the real experts.

Question: If I Have No Morning Sickness, Is That a Sign of Miscarriage?

As you may have heard, women who have morning sickness have a statistically lower risk of miscarriage. With that in mind, it's easy to start worrying that it's a bad sign if you have no nausea or vomiting.

Answer:

However, lack of morning sickness is not considered a symptom of miscarriage. Although many women do have nausea and/or vomiting during pregnancy, many others have perfectly healthy pregnancies without any nausea at any point. In addition, it is not unusual for morning sickness to come and go, so fading morning sickness is not necessarily a sign of miscarriage either.

Thus, you should try not to over-analyze your pregnancy symptoms. Fluctuations in pregnancy symptoms are normal and there is a huge variation among women. But if you are worried because you're having symptoms of miscarriage, or if you continue to feel nervous, talk to your doctor to see if there's any way you can check that everything is alright so that you can feel reassured and relaxed.

Source http://miscarriage.about.com/od/amimiscarrying/f/nonausea.htm

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

gypsyp wrote: »
    Hi guy
    I am new to both boards & pregnancy
    Im 7 wks on my first pregnancy and a major worrier. so far the only symptoms i have it sore BBs, heartburn & a bit of tirdness oh and i little back pain.
    I have no morning sickness but get the feeling of nausea when i havent eaten. My sisters were really sick on all their pregnancys and my mum was sick on some of us. My sister got me worries and said sickness is a good sign!
    I have read that people with no sickness are more likey to have a MC. I have booked an early scan for next week to help rest my mind but would appreciate if anyone has has the same lack of sickness and if all turned out well?
    Tks
    Gypsyp

Oh Sweetheart I'm exactly the same.. I had NO sympoms.. I was nearly worrying myself sick over it.. No nausea, no change in sense of smell.. NOTHING.. and my pregnancy is going fine..

Some people just don't get sick.. and you are still pretty early in your pregnancy so you may start to develope sickness yet..

I would still recommend the early scan just for your own peace of mind.. We had one at 7 weeks and it was worth every penny :) I am almost 19 weeks now and I've started getting heartburn and I have occasional nose bleeds :eek: I guess everyone is just different..

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

The good news for heartburn is that zantac is safe :) and very effective. Ask your doc about it but you don't need a prescription. It's only going to get worse and rennies etc. probably won't work then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Grawns wrote: »
    The good news for heartburn is that zantac is safe :) and very effective.

That is flippin' animal gear. I had fierce stomach trouble about 10 years ago and that stuff cleared it right up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

My partner is 21 weeks gone and is yet to get sick or even feel sick. Some women get awfully unhappy when she tells them:p:p infact she's had nothing only a little kick hear and there.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Also was never sick, right up until that first gulp of gas and air in the labour ward!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I spend my whole last pregnancy sick,permaenently vomiting and nauseaus this time am 13 weeks gone had a few days of vomiting and nauseaus half the time but every pregnancy is different so don't worry too much:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 TanD

I must say I'm delighted to hear that I'm not the only one getting sick, I'm extremely tired but that's about it and like yourself, I feel sick when I don't eat, here's to happy and healthy pregnancies!

• Advertisement
Advertisement