Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suffering Really BAD From Bleeding Gums Is there Help For Us

• 16-07-2010 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hello Ive had bleeding Gum's since I was a kid and never really had a problem use salt water and it goes away but in the last 2 years.

It's got really bad and the Gum's are bleeding all day and when I wake up in the morning my mouth is full of blood.

I have good teeth all around no problems there but the salt is not working anymore.

Cordisol does not work at all Ive tried that its a waste of peoples money.

I went to ***mod edit** and they quoted me 3 grand as far as I remember.

I went to The Dental Hospital and they said that I had very bad gum disease they gave me a appointment and it was 8 months later I said too the girl are you joking she said no.

Waited and waited and got a appointment 8 months later and totally forgot about it and never showed.

When the tax thing and the free cleaning was working I got a deep cleaning and this dentist charged me double but I know a deep cleaning and that was not one.

He said that I would need to go see a orthodontic and I never went too that .

Cause in the end of the day its a total rip off in Ireland the prices are crazy and too be totally Honest I can't afford it.

Please leave your comments if you suffer from the same problem and maybe we could help each other and get help from this really serious problem called Gum Disease.

Is there help for us ?

Your Thoughts.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You say you can't afford it, but can you afford to lose all your teeth?

Your teeth themselves may be in good health, but the bones in which they are set are not in good health.

You need to get this seen to asap. Good cleaning treatment along with interstitial brushing can really help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

There is help for you condition OP. get off your ass and clean your teeth and don't blame others for your situation (which is totally due to neglect).

A dentist can help you but you have to be willing to cooperate.

(I hope my post doesn't come accross as offensive. I'm just trying to be direct....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

So let me get this right....

You went to a dentist and cant really remember the amount it would cost for treatment, ( no names allowed btw so edited you post)
    You went to the dental hospital and when an precious inexpensive appointment came up you didn't bother to remember to go and held up that place from somebody who could have used it, it is for this very reason that waiting list are long.
    You didn't take your dentists advice and go to a periodontist ( not a orthodontist as you would know if you bothered to look it up).

So any advice given here, for free by strangers is certain to be ignored also.

What would Chuck Norris do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i'd say chuck norris would get a toothbrush and go around each one of his teeth meticulously, brushing up into the pockets between the tooth and the gum in such a way as to break down the biofilm mechanically, ignoring the bleeding that's going on since he knows it'll benefit him in the end. he's spend about 15 minutes once a day doing that for about 6 weeks by which stage the inflammation would have reduced dramatically and the gums would have receded as he gets the gum disease under control.
    all while giving death stares to innocent women and children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I'm convinced half these posts are wind-ups.
    Jesus lads why bother!!

• Advertisement

i think you may be right digzy, only thing is, you could get a day of this at work too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

i think you may be right digzy, only thing is, you could get a day of this at work too!

Too true unfortunately. I'd a moron in today (med carder) looking for a second opinion, just like this OP. Gums pumping with a nice furry coat of plaque. I was about to ask what end of brush she uses when she told me about the 3 times a day brushing.I'd rather if they'd be honest and just say they couldn't be arsed!!:pac:

you'd think I'd give her an antibiotic!!:confused:

i've heard this attributed to spencer woolfe, that when he sees a bad perio patient, he'll ask if they wipe their ass after they go to the jacks. they look in surprise when answering of course, so then he kindly asks them to take care of the other end as good. i'll work up the courage to be as frank some day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

I brush my teeth a lot and keep them clean

but the smell of blood all day from my mouth is terrible

I can't afford 1000 euro too 3 grand just too sort something that will come back after time.

and that money is crazy and with the recession if I spend that money and lose my job Im screwed
    dudara wrote: »
    You say you can't afford it, but can you afford to lose all your teeth?

Your teeth themselves may be in good health, but the bones in which they are set are not in good health.

You need to get this seen to asap. Good cleaning treatment along with interstitial brushing can really help.

As for comments like this below that is uncalled for I brush my teeth and keep my mouth clean and use salt water a lot.

Have had a deep cleaning a few months ago.

And yes I am offended I went too a dentist and then can't help me Ive went too them and *** NO NAMES ALLOWED*** wanted 3 grand from me.

Last dentist said go too a orthodontic

and I have not gone too one cause I dont even know how much that would cost.

Can you blame people for being cautious with there money at the moment.
    There is help for you condition OP. get off your ass and clean your teeth and don't blame others for your situation (which is totally due to neglect).

A dentist can help you but you have to be willing to cooperate.

(I hope my post doesn't come accross as offensive. I'm just trying to be direct....)

• Advertisement

8 months later I got a call for a appointment.
    So let me get this right....

You went to a dentist and cant really remember the amount it would cost for treatment, ( no names allowed btw so edited you post)
    You went to the dental hospital and when an precious inexpensive appointment came up you didn't bother to remember to go and held up that place from somebody who could have used it, it is for this very reason that waiting list are long.
    You didn't take your dentists advice and go to a periodontist ( not a orthodontist as you would know if you bothered to look it up).

So any advice given here, for free by strangers is certain to be ignored also.

What would Chuck Norris do...

Well why didnt you attend your dental hospital appointment then for god sake who cares if it was 8 months or 8 days later, you would have it sorted now wouldn't you. Maybe spend less on laptops and graphics cards and more on your teeth. AND ITS A PERIODONTIST.

I am beginning to think this is a wind up. If you mention the name of a clinic on the thread again I will ban you, you were warned already.....

Is there anyone here actually here too give advice from someone who also has Bleeding Gum's instead of the people here that insult and abuse the user and troll threw there threads that is sad and very weird.

As for the rest well unless your lives are not interesting and you feel the need too give abuse too people on here.

Now unless someone is here too help someone that has a problem please leave a comment.

Thank You

Bleeding Gum's is a serious problem and a lot of people have it and live with it and can't afford too get it seen too.

I have too give you credit your are the only user here that gave sound advice thank you for that,

As for threatening members for a easy mistakes with putting down the company name that is scare tactics.

And the Illusion of power.

I have said nothing wrong and stand by what I said.

And too add further it was not a wind up
    i'd say chuck norris would get a toothbrush and go around each one of his teeth meticulously, brushing up into the pockets between the tooth and the gum in such a way as to break down the biofilm mechanically, ignoring the bleeding that's going on since he knows it'll benefit him in the end. he's spend about 15 minutes once a day doing that for about 6 weeks by which stage the inflammation would have reduced dramatically and the gums would have receded as he gets the gum disease under control.
    all while giving death stares to innocent women and children.

I warned you about names in your post number 1, first in post number 4 you then went on to name them again in post number 11. Have you read the forum charter?, I am not threatening you but warning you not to breach the rules of the forum if you want to post here. If you cannot follow the forum rule please dont post here. Also calling the mods names is not allowed.

I think the advice has been given, brush and floss your teeth properly (if you dont know how to do it properly you will need a dentist of hygienist to show you) and stop kidding yourself that you already doing a good job, quit smoking if you smoke, and do what your dentist wants a go to a periodontist. I if you cant afford it then go back to the dental hospital, expect to wait another 8 months (during which time you should follow the previous advice) and this time bother to go when your called.

I checked you post history because I suspected you of trolling, I did find it odd that you have money for these expensive electrical items but claim to have no money to get you teeth seen to on this thread.

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

You're not going to get a diagnosis and treatment plan over the internet. Ballsy gave you as close as you are going to get. Several dentists on here told you that you are probably not brushing correctly and you choose to take offense.

This thread has run its course. You are not going to get the answers that you seek here (which I suspect is that you want some dentist to take responsibility for your health for about a fiver, sorry bud ain't gonna happen).

Also, if you want people to take you seriously, a few simple grammar rules:

their is not the same as there is not the same as they're
    too is not to
    bleeding gums is not the same as Bleeding Gum's
    Your is not the same as you're

I think my eyes are bleeding after reading some of your posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement