Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Picture Frame.

Options
  • 16-07-2010 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a picture frame for quite a large painting which measures 77x57. Anyone any ideas where i could get one at a reasonable enough price? I really only need the glass that fits on front of the painting but if i've to buy the whole frame then so be it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Monkey09

Thanks for that anniehoo,
    Ist possible to just buy the glass alone..Seems a bit frivilous buying a frame aswell when i already have one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

Have you gone to a glazier yet or glass cutter? I got some cut in a place in Celbridge (in the old mill). Was much cheaper than getting a new frame. Im sure that there are plenty of places that will cut a sheet of glass to size, they could probably use offcuts as its not too big in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeh i agree that its a bit of a waste and tbh the glass is pretty flimsy in IKEA frames but its an option if you're stuck. Go with what Dogeyknees said...glass cutter!

Advertisement