Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brilliant Media Player app

• 16-07-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭

I just downloaded an app called MixZing free off market and I think its sweet.

Its basically a media player but has a few little tricks, some of which I am still trying to work out, the two things I like the most is its playlist generator, and lock screen widget.

Right so the playlist generator analyses the song you are listening to, and builds a playlist of similar music. If you have a large music library I think this feature is something you'll really enjoy.

The lock screen widget is just a mini player that comes up before the "slide here to unlock" screen, allowing you to pause, play, skip ect.

I have only been used it plugged in at home so I dunno how it is for battery but seems pretty cool

Oh one other thing, it seemed to be playlisting me music I don't have for a while, possibly streaming. Its stopped now but that might have raped my data plan.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks,

must give it a go...

so many media players on my phone, stock, cubed, double twist now this...decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Damie

Have been using MixZing for a while now, miles ahead of all the others I tried, even the much vaunted Cubed....excellent app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I'm using mixzing as well. I love the lock screen widget.

The only thing I don't like its that sometimes the wrong album art displays when I browse the library.

Handy tip, in settings, disable "wake on change"

I found it kept opening the lock widget after every track and hence pausing/skipping

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

But you have to pay for the lock screen widget after the trial?

How much is the full version, nothing showing up in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

adrian522 wrote: »
    But you have to pay for the lock screen widget after the trial?

How much is the full version, nothing showing up in the market.

It won't show up in the market because Google doesn't like Irish money....

Google only allow users to use Google Shopper (which is how people pay for apps), and Google Shopper isn't available in Ireland, so we don't see paid apps. The workaround is to put a UK/US simcard in your phone, and use wifi to access the market! Or if you're rooted market enabler will do the trick

• Advertisement

market enabler no longer works. from 2.2 onwards use market access.

Just needed to set my provider to t-mobile us. App is $6.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

hmmm, how long does my trial last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Buy a uk pay as you go sim, cost about 2 euro delivered on ebay, job done! Have a spare if someone wants to collect..... (vodafone uk)

Advertisement