Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that dance/90s house/rave tune/song?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

This one was buzzing in my head for years.
    I even picked my brothers brains (he was into that sort of music) but I was humming the tune rather than having an actual sample of it.

Can anyone ID it ?
    It is clearly heard in the clip below...but the clip has too much voiceover for Shazam to ID it....

Link

(must plug that ProRecorder iPhone app.. very useful for this sort of thing...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

It's driving me nuts too. All I can remember is the video had dolphins in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Well done Dasdog. That's the one.
    It is a singularly irritating yet catchy dance tune.

I found the Wikipedia entry for Atlantic Ocean (Dutch dance band 90s)
    I was mostly trying to recall it to date a particular time while I was working down in Limerick and I recall it being played at Teds nightclub (of all places).

Incredibly just as you IDed it here I retried IDing it using SoundHound (rather than Shazam) on the iPhone. It actually managed to match it (well .. a later remix). I was seriously impressed with SoundHounds ability to extract the tune from the background voiceover in terms of identifying it.
    Music recognition has come a long way !

-ifc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭dasdog

That's pretty impressive alright. No technology used on my part though. I just remember the tune being played a lot in clubs and on tv (it was a fairly big hit).

Advertisement