Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAO Insect Overlord

• 16-07-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

Were you always a mod here?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Itsdacraic wrote: »

Nope! :)

I only started yesterday. I suppose someone should have made some kind of announcement about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Attention seeker :p

Though I was wondering what was up with the back-seat modding...As it turns out, you were doing it from the driver's seat! Anyways, congrats.

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Congrats Insect Overlord :)
    Good to see a mod thats active in their own forum

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

I, for one, welcome our new Insect Overlord

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Great stuff IO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Limerick people are expecting great things from their future Overlord... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

Was it his post towards the painter in the graffiti thread that made you ask???
    Fairly forceful i thought.
    Talk about setting your stall out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup, I decided to step down because I wasn't really active in the forum (apart from the restaurant thread and breaking up fights!).
    It wasn't in my best interest (or the forum's best interest) to stick around.

Congrats Insect Overlord..... As you are also a mod of Clearasil & Hormones, I can't think of a better person to co-mod this forum. :p:)

Mr E wrote: »
    Yup, I decided to step down because I wasn't really active in the forum (apart from the restaurant thread and breaking up fights!).

Congrats Insect Overlord..... As you are also a mod of Clearasil & Hormones, I can't think of a better person to co-mod this forum. :p:)

You did a better job than some Mr E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Enjoy the honeymoon period Insect Overlord lol A good decision in fairness but Mr. E will be a loss.

• Advertisement

Incidently, what is the procedure for replacing a mod?
    How was the new mod chosen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭jonski

There seems to be an ants nest out at my front gate , can you do something about this ?

Other than that , welcome

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

gihj wrote: »
    Incidently, what is the procedure for replacing a mod?
    How was the new mod chosen?

This is the official procedure here:
    First off, we have been asked to remind everyone that there is a procedure for choosing new moderators for a forum in case you need to do so:

First, you talk amongst yourselves and come up with some suggestions.Then, you drop a PM to your CMods with those suggestions. We may PM back and forth a bit on the list at that point if there's any obvious stuff.

Then the CMod asks for Admin approval for the candidates you and we worked out.

The Admins review the candidates and give the CMods their decision and we pass that back to you guys.

At this point - and this is the most important bit, only at this point, do you send a PM to the user asking them if they are interested in the position.
    If they agree, you let us know, we let the admins know, and they push the necessary buttons and we go welcome the new initiate to the sanity.

Hopefully the Admins won't mind me posting that here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I only started yesterday. I suppose someone should have made some kind of announcement about it...

I am absolutely gutted by this.
    I found you quite tolerable as a poster, but now I have to go and start hating you.

Sorry bro.

I am absolutely gutted by this.
    I found you quite tolerable as a poster, but now I have to go and start hating you.

Sorry bro.

I'm sure you're not the only one gutted on here.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Congrats Insect Overlord :)
    Good to see a mod thats active in their own forum

This is hugely important and I'm delighted to welcome Insect Overlord as our new Nanny :D

Mr. E you were always very open minded and fair on here in my opinion and hope you drop back in the odd time to say hello.......

- The dig re. us being bold Kids did not go unnoticed by the way <Edited out the cross face> Was joking too of course Mr.E!!! You know me better than that?
    > New cross face :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Raiser wrote:
    - The dig re. us being bold Kids did not go unnoticed by the way :mad:

There were smileys at the end, you plonker.... tongue was firmly in cheek when I said that. :)

There were smileys at the end, you plonker.... tongue was firmly in cheek when I said that. :)

I've reported your post and expect the mods to issue you with a ban for personal abuse. Remember Mr E, attack the post not the poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

congrats.....

i look forward to giving you nothing but abuse in the coming months and years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raid.gif

• Advertisement

Thanks for all welcomes! I never knew I was so loved. :D

I'm afraid I haven't prepared a speech or anything... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

or at the very least dropped a PM to the other mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

best of luck IL!

meeeeeeeooooooowwwwwwwww

That's bad form alright. Might be worth sending a message to Dub13 about it.

That's bad form alright. Might be worth sending a message to Dub13 about it.

for the record I don't blame you. the admins, CMods should have sent one out.

And I don't need your civil war
    It feeds the rich while it buries the poor

My hands are tied
    For all I've seen has changed my mind
    But still the wars go on as the years go by
    With no love of God or human rights
    'Cause all these dreams are swept aside
    By bloody hands of the hypnotized
    Who carry the cross of homicide
    And history bears the scars of our civil wars

Indeed, no Man should ever underestimate the place of the PM!

- Last one out turn off the lights.......!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

oh dear....

oh dear....

You're not in Narnia - Are ya sure you're not just still in the Closet!!!!!

:D

• Advertisement

And on that lovely note, thread closed :)

For any further queries, please use the PM function.

Once again, thanks everyone :)

They're always closing threads in this forum :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement