Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop wont load certain pages??

• 16-07-2010 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Not great with computers so maybe someone can advise me.I can access most pages from my laptop but yesterday and today when I go into carzone.ie homepage,it wont load up any search results.Cant access Nationwide UK Ireland homepage at all.Every other site is fine,just seems these two.....any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

What interenet are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Crappy 02 mobile thingy.....but it works OK on other sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

use chrome browser or firefox.

Using Firefox already,weird why other pages wont load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Are you given any error? What comes up instead of the search results and Nationwide page?

Also which search option are you choosing? There seems to be about 10 on carzone.ie alone!

• Advertisement

hi lisa

No error comes up,page just remains blank but looks to be loading up.Left it for 20 mins earlier-still nothing came up!
    Only using 3 of the search options in carzone-year,engine type and body type.Still no joy.Nationwide site wont come up at all!Strange cos all other sites load up properly.

go to java.com download the latest java version, download internet explorer 8.

ricman,
    Downloaded latest java no probs but internet explorer wont open.Cant download IE 8 either.

SOUNDS like you have a virus/malware , use firefox download it using another pc, put file on the usb key, then run, install it from the usbkey.
    or reboot,try f8, safe mode, directory services restore mode on your own pc.
    try downloading install,opera browser.
    your connection maybe just too slow to get ie8, try it at 1120pm tonight.

Downloaded google chrome no prob.Carzone pages now show but Nationwide UK Ireland homepage wont load up!!!!!

• Advertisement

maybe you need the latest version of flash.go to adobe website,or google flash download .

Have latest versions of that also!

try f8 reboot, safe mode with networking,or download the iron browser,
    its faster than chrome,
    http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php,i recommend adblocker extension for firefox ,for those on a usb connection to the web.

ricman

Downloaded iron,but nationwide uk ireland homepage still wont show.At bottom left of screen it says "waiting for ad-emea.doubleclick.net" while unsuccessfully loading.Tried looking for an adblock extension for iron but no luck.

adblock blocks ads ,speeds up webacess ,doesnt help load up site x ,ie you are not wasting time loading up ads.
    THATS a banking site, you may need to set security to medium, but allow cookies.eg chrome browser ,allow local data to be set, other browsers ,allow 3rd part cookies,check the date ,time is right on your pc.I THINK IT MAY BE your pc security settings are too low,or too high.
    security certs wont be accepted ,set properly on site x if your pc time ,date is wrong.
    theres an adblocker extension, for chrome, not for iron browser.

Now carzone search wont load up again on chrome or iron!!!!Ah I give up!!

you could install linux os, from a livecd ,eg linux mint,is easy to use, it makes a 5gb partition ,if you install it from cdrom, or just run it in ram from the http://linuxmint.com/ auto booting cdr.
    then just click, menu,firefox, should load any website.
    it,ll leave your windows as is,you,ll need around 7gig free on the drive, c:\

sorry ricman,very confused by your instructions there!!!Im not great with computers so go easy on me!I clicked on that linux link but dont know wot to do next??

you download linux iso, 680meg, download imgburn ,install it, use burn image to burn the iso file to a cdr .this makes a bootable cdr.
    Google linux mint iso torrent , and use a bittorrent client to download it,
    or download the 386 mint iso direct.
    reboot pc,press del,or f12,or f2 to go to bios,set boot options in bios,boot=o=cd/dvdrom =1st boot device .save and exit bios.it takes 4 mins to load into ram approx.
    ill post an iso image link later today here,

Still sounds like double dutch to me!!Thanks,i'll try give it a go anyhow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement