Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cage Contender VII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

FEMALE MATCH-UP

Aisling "The Milf" McLaren (Evolve) vs Adriana Gibadulinova (Ryano)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

fightie wrote: »
    FEMALE MATCH-UP

Aisling "The Milf" McLaren (Evolve)

Best fight name on the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Not sure if its the best name but I'm not arguing that watching two of the hottest Irish MMA females compete will be 'interesting' According to their facebook profiles its 'the mud wrestler' vs 'the pole dancer'. LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

You been stalking them LOL...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

dont know if this is already answered but is the event going to be in the hall that cage contender4 was in or in the "main" kings hall, either way lookin forward to this

LOOK AT THIS 1 :D

Featherweight

Kevin Carney (AMMA) vs Joe "Kid Chaos" Clarke

CAGE CONTENDER WELTERWEIGHT TITLE : THE REMATCH
    Cathal Pendred (SBGi) vs Liam Shannon (PCCB)

CAGE CONTENDER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE
    Owen Roddy (Primal MMA) vs Shane Thomas (Kokoro)

CAGE CONTENDER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE
    Ryan Kelly (PCCB) vs Chris Fields (SBG)

Welterweight
    Ronan "The Barbarian" McKay (EFR) vs Arni "The Ice Viking" Issakson

Middleweight
    Paul Moore (IFS) vs TBC

Welterweight
    Ramunas Venslovas (Shootfighters) vs Kieran Davern (Tuatha De Danann)

Bantamweight
    Damien "The Rage" Rooney (Hit Squad) vs Neil "2 Tap" Seery (Ryano)

Heavyweight
    Ryan Boyd (IMMA) vs Sean Crowe (PCCB)

Bantamweight
    Alan Philpott (IMMA) vs James "The Bag Man" Higgins (PCCB)

Featherweight
    Decky Dalton (PCCB) vs Brian Moore (Wexford)

Bantamweight
    Marty Kelly (NFT) vs Stephen O'Neill (Next Gen)

Featherweight
    Kevin Carney (AMMA) vs Joe "Kid Chaos" Clarke (PCCB)

Female Match Up
    Aisling "The Milf" McLaren (Evolve) vs Adriana "Femme Fatale" Gibadulinova (Ryano)

Teen Match Up
    James Gallagher (SFT) vs Mark Walker (AMMA)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

LOOK AT THIS 1 :D

Featherweight

Kevin Carney (AMMA) vs Joe "Kid Chaos" Clarke

:eek:..................... that is all...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan Roddy

Jesus, this John fellow really does come up with the goods.

• Advertisement

Ryan Roddy wrote: »

Cheers Ryan!! I've been learning that "Dark art" you were talking about the other day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thedarkone1

Does anyone know if Ricky Hatton will be a special guest at this event ???

Does anyone know if Ricky Hatton will be a special guest at this event ???

LOL:D

Nice of you to sign up just to ask a childish question!!!

But to answer it, reading between the lines I think he may have some more important things on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

LOL:D

Nice of you to sign up just to ask a childish question!!!

But to answer it, reading between the lines I think he may have some more important things on!!

Nice choice of words (allegedly) ;)

Great card John, should be a great night of fights. Any news on getting the older events up on the Cage contender or fight.ie websites yet?

stevemc01 wrote: »
    Nice choice of words (allegedly) ;)

LOL :D I know not of what you speak!!
    stevemc01 wrote: »
    Great card John, should be a great night of fights. Any news on getting the older events up on the Cage contender or fight.ie websites yet?

Yeah, I'm doing a revamp at the minute. I had a guy agreed to do but he let me down. It will take about a month or so to complete, but it will have a lot more stuff including:

Online Superstore (we are happy with the prices that i have worked out that we will be able to blow any other prices out of the water).

Social Network A full facebook style MMA community social network section

Competitions We have teamed up with some BIG BIG brands to offer great competition prizes

MMA TV We have teamed up with a production company on this. It will take until new year to finish but will be well worth waiting for

I take very little to do with the day to day running of www.fight.ie. but i will oversee the revamp and make sure it is manned and maintained properly from the revamp onwards. It has just been included into the Fight Options group of companies. It was the final bit that i had to sort from my previous partnership, but that is now done and I can push the brand forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Where can I buy 2 x cageside tickets for this without paying the £8 "handling charge" which Ticketmaster are looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

really good to see you doing so well, and cheap prices for the shop will be great!..but...did i win tickets to the next event?!

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Where can I buy 2 x cageside tickets for this without paying the £8 "handling charge" which Ticketmaster are looking for?
    Email me to john@fightoptions.com and you can buy them from me

but...did i win tickets to the next event?!

Yes you did, well done!!

PM me details for sending them out (could the other winners please do the same?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Ryan Roddy wrote: »

This is a top notch card and you wouldnt find better across the water;) John has committed to putting on the best shows with outstanding talent and he is doing it and doing it well:cool:

There is so many great fights in there I dont know which one would be best (Im like a kid in a candy;)) This card definately worth money in seeing and making the trip home for imo:cool:

At the weekend when we wer chattin I noticed John has began to love and respect the sport as much as the rest of us which I am estatic for:D

Urs
    x

Mrs Lynch wrote: »
    This card definately worth money in seeing and making the trip home for imo:cool:

This is true!! With the quality of cards that we put on it would be easy enough to charge a little bit more. The reason that I don't is that I want to offer the best value for your ££s. There are so many shows/promotions in Ireland at the minute and due to the current climate many paying customers will soon have to choose which events they can afford to attend. So in value for money terms I feel that I have to offer the best to keep or increase my market share. I know if I was looking for a fight card to watch between Oct/Nov I would be straight on to ticketmaster buying tickets for CC7

At the weekend when we wer chattin I noticed John has began to love and respect the sport as much as the rest of us which I am estatic for:D

Shhhhh you will ruin my reputation "I'm only in it for the money" :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

Anakin.S wrote: »
    Not sure if its the best name but I'm not arguing that watching two of the hottest Irish MMA females compete will be 'interesting' According to their facebook profiles its 'the mud wrestler' vs 'the pole dancer'. LOL

Aww thank you haha. Cant wait till this show :) And Jason it was you that christened me that name haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Yes you did, well done!!

PM me details for sending them out (could the other winners please do the same?)

Cheers PM sent. Cant wait for this

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

What the eyes see and the ears hear, the mind believes:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Anakin.S wrote: »

Yes because that's how female fighters want to be known, for their mud wrestling or pole dancing skills. I like how you made no reference to their MMA skills! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Aisling! wrote: »
    Yes because that's how female fighters want to be known, for their mud wrestling or pole dancing skills. I like how you made no reference to their MMA skills! :rolleyes:

It was only a joke, because of the reference to the fighter’s name.

No offence was intended to either fighter, I’m perfectly aware of how much hard work and dedication is required to compete in MMA.

I do have a sense of humour....just not about that! :D

Want to make sure Female MMA grows for the right reasons in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

I do have a sense of humour....just not about that! :D

Want to make sure Female MMA grows for the right reasons in this country!

I'm not looking to annoy you but maybe don't have the "Milf" as ur fightname if your looking to be taken seriously as it's a joke name and gives people the oppurtunity to make joke references about your fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

lol at ais being a 'milf' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

I'm not looking to annoy you but maybe don't have the "Milf" as ur fightname if your looking to be taken seriously as it's a joke name and gives people the oppurtunity to make joke references about your fight.

Wrong person :P

Want to wish Adrianna and Aisling (McClaron) the best;) As Aisling (Daly) has said we only want the growth of Irish FeMMA and these girls are brave enough to take fights;)

Urs
    x

• Advertisement

Yup that's not me I ain't even got any babies ha ha :)

I'm Ais the Bash :Dhttp://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Aisling-Daly-25245

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Yup that's not me I ain't even got any babies ha ha :)

I'm Ais the Bash :Dhttp://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Aisling-Daly-25245

Well I apoligise for getting you mixed up I hope u accept it and don't ground n pound me as I have no doubt you could kill me lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 shanesmith

Teen Match Up

Do ya not have to be 18 to fight at cage contender??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I see your running the teen match ups on Cage Contender, would these not be better left to the smaller shows that are not trying to be major players like you are?

I thought Cage contender was going to be an all pro show now that it has become a big show-The only reason i could see putting on amateur match ups on these cards would be too save money on paying for pro fighters.

It's a pity as i thought Ireland was getting a genuine pro show of our own but that is not the case-i cant see us catching up with the true big shows when we persist on putting Amateurs on shows that should be Pro shows.

I'm sure we will get a promotion to come along that will be a true pro show some time and look forward to the day.

I see your running the teen match ups on Cage Contender, would these not be better left to the smaller shows that are not trying to be major players like you are?

We have had teen match ups on all but 1 Cage Contender show. And as long as coaches and fighters still want it to happen and approach me for matches I will continue this trend
    I thought Cage contender was going to be an all pro show now that it has become a big show-The only reason i could see putting on amateur match ups on these cards would be too save money on paying for pro fighters.

This has never been said??? :confused: Why would I not put great up and coming Semi Pro fighters (Joe Clarke & Alan Philpott for example) on my promotion? This gives these guys the experience they need to compete as Pro's on big shows in the future and give the public coming to my shows fights that they can walk away talking about. Also with the number of shows and promotions at the minute the Pro fighter pool just isn't wide enough to cope with the demand for regular full pro shows
    It's a pity as i thought Ireland was getting a genuine pro show of our own but that is not the case-i cant see us catching up with the true big shows when we persist on putting Amateurs on shows that should be Pro shows.

I think you need to look a little closer at what we have right now. :)

Our own system has been: Semi Pro undercard - Break - Pro card. I can safely say this system has worked for Cage Contender from day one.
    I'm sure we will get a promotion to come along that will be a true pro show some time and look forward to the day.

I think this will be dictated by the market, from a business point of view i don't think that this market is here just yet. That said i don't think it's a million miles away. The ideal situation for me would be to have Cage Contender as a full Pro show, and have our own Semi Pro feeder series. But as i said that will be market driven

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Only 1 full pro card so far John was it? In Manchester?

Only 1 full pro card so far John was it? In Manchester?

Yeah Baz. It was the only time I moved from my business model, and it was much, much harder to put together. So its back to a system that I know that works (i.e: work with local gym for good ticket sales, mixed card etc etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Yeah Baz. It was the only time I moved from my business model, and it was much, much harder to put together. So its back to a system that I know that works (i.e: work with local gym for good ticket sales, mixed card etc etc).
    would be nice if I could fookin get my tickets!!!!!!;)

weemate wrote: »
    would be nice if I could fookin get my tickets!!!!!!;)

Morning Mr L :)

I have them in the car with me. Will hook up after lunch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Morning Mr L :)

I have them in the car with me. Will hook up after lunch!!!

are they there beside my gloves?

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    are they there beside my gloves?

Lol :)

I'm in your neck of the woods at the start of next week dropping off tickets. I will throw your gloves in on the way past.....

ps: stop stirring ;) lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Our own system has been: Semi Pro undercard - Break - Pro card. I can safely say this system has worked for Cage Contender from day one.

I think this will be dictated by the market, from a business point of view i don't think that this market is here just yet. That said i don't think it's a million miles away. The ideal situation for me would be to have Cage Contender as a full Pro show, and have our own Semi Pro feeder series. But as i said that will be market driven

I don't mean to sound so sceptical but with there already been too many shows at present (you have acknowledged this) then there is more than enough shows that are smaller to give these lads the experience of fighting in front of crowds so when there old enough to fight Pro there ready, Now you looking at a semi pro series, is that not already running with KTP running shows all the time and you managing Myles.

The market seems to be there when your filling the National basketball arena and the hall you use in the kings hall too, So when you say the market is not there do you mean while people are willing to pay for it your going to do it, this is why the show will never be a "Big Show" just a small show that talks big and like the original Cage Rage in Dublin people will not return after they realise its not a big show like they thought it was.

The money that came in for the Dublin show easily justifies a full pro show and as much as it sounds nice that your giving these kids experience i think the truth is your able to fill half your card for free even though your bringing in professional money unlike the small shows who would be making a pittance for running great shows and should be the feeder shows for bigger shows.

I don't mean to sound so sceptical but with there already been too many shows at present (you have acknowledged this) then there is more than enough shows that are smaller to give these lads the experience of fighting in front of crowds so when there old enough to fight Pro there ready, Now you looking at a semi pro series, is that not already running with KTP running shows all the time and you managing Myles.

I have no problems with you being sceptical. I do have a problem with you trying mix things up with no grounds as you have above, I manage Myles but I have nothing at all to do with his Tuff Nutt promotions or the shows that he runs for KTP (just so there is no confusion they are 2 separate promotions also).

One further note, I said that the feeder show would be my ideal, i scrapped that idea over a month ago (after speaking to cowzerp and others who thought it would be too much and maybe take away from the smaller shows) I also reduced the number of shows i had planned for Ireland in 2011 by 20% because i don't think the market could sustain it
    The market seems to be there when your filling the National basketball arena and the hall you use in the kings hall too, So when you say the market is not there do you mean while people are willing to pay for it your going to do it, this is why the show will never be a "Big Show" just a small show that talks big and like the original Cage Rage in Dublin people will not return after they realise its not a big show like they thought it was.

Do you think these halls fill themselves?? :confused:

The market in this county is still quite small, it is only pure graft and popular gyms selling lots of tickets etc that creates the market we have. there still is only about 8 -10% of tickets sold to the general public for most mma events in Ireland

The money that came in for the Dublin show easily justifies a full pro show and as much as it sounds nice that your giving these kids experience i think the truth is your able to fill half your card for free even though your bringing in professional money unlike the small shows who would be making a pittance for running great shows and should be the feeder shows for bigger shows.

Sorry but how do you know what money came in for the Dublin show? (and what business is it of yours?). As you know so much about what comes in maybe you are equally enlightened to the cost involved in a show of that size?

Again as you seem intent in jumping all over what i am doing with my business you should get your facts correct, when i was planning a feeder series the idea was to work with a local club (as i always do) but to give them 25 - 30% of the shows profit. They would be helping with the show but I would be bringing the marketing and the other things that we have in place to promote professionally. They would most likely make as much money or more than they are running their own show for a lot less effort.

Liam has broken his hand in 3 places in sparring, I would like to wish him a speedy recovery

CAGE CONTENDER MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE
    Ryan Kelly (PCCB) vs Chris Fields (SBG)

CAGE CONTENDER FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE
    Owen Roddy (Primal MMA) vs Shane Thomas (Kokoro)

Welterweight
    Ronan "The Barbarian" McKay (EFR) vs Arni "The Ice Viking" Issakson

Middleweight
    Paul Moore (IFS) vs Karl Bruins (Elite)

Welterweight
    Ramunas Venslovas (Shootfighters) vs Kieran Davern (Tuatha De Danann)

Bantamweight
    Damien "The Rage" Rooney (Hit Squad) vs Neil "2 Tap" Seery (Ryano)

Heavyweight
    Ryan Boyd (IMMA) vs Sean Crowe (PCCB)

Bantamweight
    Alan Philpott (IMMA) vs James "The Bag Man" Higgins (PCCB)

Featherweight
    Decky Dalton (PCCB) vs Brian Moore (Wexford)

Bantamweight
    Marty Kelly (NFT) vs Stephen O'Neill (Next Gen)

Featherweight
    Kevin Carney (AMMA) vs Joe "Kid Chaos" Clarke (PCCB)

Female Match Up
    Aisling "The Milf" McLaren (Evolve) vs Adriana "Femme Fatale" Gibadulinova (Ryano)

Teen Match Up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Liam has broken his hand in 3 places in sparring, I would like to wish him a speedy recovery

Man that sucks, get will soon Liam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

hope liam makes full recovery :)

Firstly best of luck to Liam on a speedy recovery :cool:

As for replacement WW title I would hav loved to see Ronan fight Cathal for it;) Wot an epic fight these guys had last year in Immortal with Ronan bein victorious!!!! (Go on John make my dreams come true :rolleyes:)

Urs
    x

Firstly best of luck to Liam on a speedy recovery :cool:

As for replacement WW title I would hav loved to see Ronan fight Cathal for it;) Wot an epic fight these guys had last year in Immortal with Ronan bein victorious!!!! (Go on John make my dreams come true :rolleyes:)

Urs
    x

Sorry Urs, Ronan has a very talented Viking to contender with on 13 Nov!!!:D

Sorry Urs, Ronan has a very talented Viking to contender with on 13 Nov!!!:D

:(:(:(

Theres me being so nice about it too lol ;)

Serious tho in Ireland I feel Ronan is very underestimated and he has had some really though fights and he is alway entertaining for fans to watch:cool:

IMO he is definately in top 5 WWs in Ireland along with Emmett :D

Urs
    x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

hope liam recovers and they do have their rematch, does this mean cathal is off the card too or will there be someone else in line for a title shot on the night?

• Advertisement
Advertisement