Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cage Contender VII

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Thanks for resuslts john but dont wanna be anal

Bantamweight
    Damien Rooney v Neil Seery
    Winner : Seery
    Round: 2
    Time: 2 min 31 sec
    Un decision

surely if it went to judges it was 3 rounds and full time?

Well done on the night was going to go look for you to tell you in person but to be honest was enjoying my £8 vodkas to much lol Also great to see propper vodka and not some cheap knock off!

Can we get a better program next time? ie more info on each fighter records gyms?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

$ausage$ wrote: »
    Thanks for resuslts john but dont wanna be anal

Bantamweight
    Damien Rooney v Neil Seery
    Winner : Seery
    Round: 2
    Time: 2 min 31 sec
    Un decision

surely if it went to judges it was 3 rounds and full time?

Well done on the night was going to go look for you to tell you in person but to be honest was enjoying my £8 vodkas to much lol Also great to see propper vodka and not some cheap knock off!

Can we get a better program next time? ie more info on each fighter records gyms?

Thanks!

LOL a mere slip of the mouse!!!!

Give me a list of what you would like in the program, after all its you guys that buy them. £8 sounds like a double vodka and red bull... Quality :)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

That explains the hangover then :(

I like the layout with the table for rounds and results but would like the fighters fullname record and camp please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

My only suggestion is can we not have to pay an extortianate amount for the fight card the next time? Recession times and all that...

My only suggestion is can we not have to pay an extortianate amount for the fight card the next time? Recession times and all that...

How much do you see as a fair price? Its been £5 for a program at all 7 shows, this is the first time it has been mentioned as a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

what were the programs like?

we just leave A4 print outs of the card on the seats for free at chaos

If its a brochure with pics on the fighters and info I would say 5 pound is fair enough

what were the programs like?

we just leave A4 print outs of the card on the seats for free at chaos

If its a brochure with pics on the fighters and info I would say 5 pound is fair enough

Yeah it's a brochure with some pictures and scorecards to have a go at etc, pretty much as you would buy at a pro boxing event. plus we always donate £1 from every one sold to charity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

fightie wrote: »
    How much do you see as a fair price? Its been £5 for a program at all 7 shows, this is the first time it has been mentioned as a problem.

They weren't £5 in Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Problem is that I am not looking at it in pounds im looking at it in euros, 5 quid is nearly 6 in euro terms. I have never paid 5 euro for a fight card. They are always free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Hollywood

I was the ring announcer for this show and I have to say, from my perspective, JF runs a great promotion! I have done well over 30 shows this year and CC was one of the best! Irish MMA fans are off the hook and I thought the whole event was brilliant!!! Looking forward to the next one!

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    They weren't £5 in Tallaght.

They were a fiver in Tallaght, we always make them a fiver cos its easy for giving change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Kieran81

great show as usual. neil seery vs damien rooney the highlight as well as owen roddy not that many in ireland in his league. a couple of things i'm surprised nobody brought up ;what was goin on at the start of the joe clarke fight as a spectator it looked like he was basically held over a barrel by his opponent that if he didnt agree to whatever the other guy was threatening to walk out over there'd be no fight , but like i say thats just what it appeared from the crowd , it could be something totally innocent/different whatever word ya wanna use; also i cant believe that the rooney fight wasnt stopped with the eye injury the swelling was totally covering his eye . rooney is clearly as tough as they come and clearly wanted to go on but nobody can justify letting that one carry on wheres all the practice of fighter safety/protection thats talked of so much and who is it that has the final call out of interest the medic or the ref . the earlier heavyweight fight was stopped ( rightly so i thought) for an eye injury that didnt appear as bad .lookin forward to the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Can't wait for Cage Contender vegas when the program will be 5 dollars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Indigo Smash

Just registered for this thread. About time really as I've been reading it since CC2. Anyway, only wanted to say I thought it was a brilliant show on saturday with a really loud and up for it crowd. Some superb performances and wasn't Joe Clarke simply sublime? Can't wait to see it on telly and here's to next year being even bigger and better for Cage Contender.

Well done JF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Kieran81 wrote: »
    great show as usual. neil seery vs damien rooney the highlight as well as owen roddy not that many in ireland in his league. a couple of things i'm surprised nobody brought up ;what was goin on at the start of the joe clarke fight as a spectator it looked like he was basically held over a barrel by his opponent that if he didnt agree to whatever the other guy was threatening to walk out over there'd be no fight , but like i say thats just what it appeared from the crowd , it could be something totally innocent/different whatever word ya wanna use; also i cant believe that the rooney fight wasnt stopped with the eye injury the swelling was totally covering his eye . rooney is clearly as tough as they come and clearly wanted to go on but nobody can justify letting that one carry on wheres all the practice of fighter safety/protection thats talked of so much and who is it that has the final call out of interest the medic or the ref . the earlier heavyweight fight was stopped ( rightly so i thought) for an eye injury that didnt appear as bad .lookin forward to the next one

Regarding the Rooney fight.I asked the paramedic to take a look at the eye injury at the end of the round as ,in my opinion,the injury was only going to get worse.The paramedic,who incidently is more qualified than I ,informed me that the injury was ok enough to let the fight go on.However,we informed both Damien and his corner men that we would only give it a minute or two and if it looked like it was getting bad,or he was in any difficulty,then the fight would get stopped.Both the medic and myself were monitoring the injury from that moment.As it happened,the fight was able to go to a finish and was,again in my opinion,fight of the night.
    I think the difference with the Sean Crowe injury was that there was a lot of blood under the swelling and if it was to get cut,then there would have been a major issue.I think it turned out that there was a fracture involved as well.
    The issue with the Clarke fight was that it was supposed to be a b class fight but apparently the other fighter thought he had signed for an A class match up.The matter was quickly sorted and the fight went on.Joe took about 3 seconds to agree to the new rules so it wasnt much of an issue to be fair.
    Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

When is it being shown on Setanta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

stevemc01 wrote: »
    When is it being shown on Setanta?

Cage Contender's facebook told me that they will get the dates in the next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Can't wait for Cage Contender vegas when the program will be 5 dollars.

Yeah. Cage Contender Nigeria will be a cheap night out too.

I'm just cringey bout bein a drunken fool in the front row when it makes its way onto setanta, twas a long old day!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Wonky Knees

Hey man, chill out!!!

We take all criticism on board on try to improve, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve (like quicker results) just let me know, you can pm me on here or john@fightoptions.com or if you have a bigger problem you feel the need to talk about my number is well known, give me a call and we can hook up

I'm a novice spectator and have only attended five shows in total over the last year to support guys I know who were fighting. I have a couple of questions, the answer to which may lie in my inexperience, but, since you are obviously open to conversation I'll ask away.

First, I enjoyed the show, things like going to the toilet and getting a drink didn't present a major problem. I though the ticket price was very fair for what was on offer. All the fights were great, it was a good mixed bag. I too wondered about the Rooney eye, but I have watched that ref before and I found him to be extremely professional, and when the fight went on, although I was initially surprised, I was confident the ref made the right decision. Poll dancers—not my thing.

For some reason I had the (wrong) impression that the fight would be staged in a theater (tiered) style venue, so I was a little disappointed that this was not the case. My fault!

Questions/points:
    I was on the side of the bar. I couldn't see the runway but though that it was a little short. I always enjoy the entrance tune at these events and I'm beginning to find some of the more masked entrances entertaining.

The promotion stands were scattered and it was dark and hard to see what was on offer, so I didn't bother buying anything.

I was about five rows back in the general area. I felt that if the cage was raised no more than two feet, a lot of people would have been able to watch the ground work without looking up at the screen. Of course I'm sure you would also have to raise the ringside seats.

(very small point) I bought the brochure but couldn't see the fight card. I found it after the fight. I think the fight card should stand out and not be reverse text on a dark background.

The interviews with the fighter - the commentator I could understand, but I couldn't understand anything the fighters said. Was wondering if this is necessary?

Finally for such a big fight I was wondering if between fights a camera could go live in the prep. area and give us a chance to see the guys warming up.

Thanks for a great show. Looking forward to attending future events.

• Advertisement

Africa - Monday 22nd of November at 11.30pm,

Australia - Tuesday 23rd of November at 12:45pm

Canada - Friday 26th of November at 11:45pm

Ireland - Monday 29th of November at 9.30pm

Ireland - Sunday 12th December at 01:45

UK - Tuesday 23rd November at 11pm

Asia - Monday 22nd November at 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dermot Nolan

Thats great they are showing it Oz. Now if I can just find a time machine........

Thats great they are showing it Oz. Now if I can just find a time machine........

lol...... If you find one let me know, I fancy a scoot over to Africa last monday to watch it:)

Any pubs likely showing this around Dublin? I owe Setanta about 50 quid before I can renew a subscription...

Failing that, who actually filmed the event? Any way of getting the finished product on dvd?

consultech wrote: »
    Any pubs likely showing this around Dublin? I owe Setanta about 50 quid before I can renew a subscription...

Failing that, who actually filmed the event? Any way of getting the finished product on dvd?

We film and produce all the TV shows in house.

We hire a crew, editor etc then we produce it. There is no DVD planned just yet (to be totally honest DVDs dont sell that well.)

I will let you know when it will be going on PPV online, should be in a couple of weeks

CC7 is on Setanta tonight at 21:30!!! There are some real crackers on the show....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

i would buy the dvds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joejitzu

where would you see cc6 is it going to be online

How did the coverage of this turn out last night? Any likely online sources until something purchasable is available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

CC7 is on Setanta tonight at 21:30!!! There are some real crackers on the show....

John do you know if this will be repeated?
    Have Setanta Ireland but Setanta1 is only available sometimes:(
    I Have Setanta1 through Eircom broadband but couldn't watch last night.

Some great looking matches and fights from what I've read and heard. Well done:D

• Advertisement

John do you know if this will be repeated?
    Have Setanta Ireland but Setanta1 is only available sometimes:(
    I Have Setanta1 through Eircom broadband but couldn't watch last night.

Some great looking matches and fights from what I've read and heard. Well done:D

Yeah it will be on Setanta Ireland on the 12th. We are also hoping to show the full season 1 quite soon too!! That will be 7 TV shows show all the pro fights and even some of the semi pro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

will this be available online??

Advertisement