Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What famous author do you write like?

• 16-07-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭

Check this site. I got Steven King. Try some of your posts and see what pops up. Good craic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

James Joyce. I must make no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Someone in another forum plugged in Lovecraft and got Dan Brown AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

like Christy Brown on acid using his right foot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I got James Joyce with one post and Dan Brown with another.

I'm not sure I'm happy with either of those...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I write like
    Leo Tolstoy?

never heard of him.

he looks cool though.
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e4/c0/bea84e5492e20ad8986c3a.L._V211003995_SL290_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

I write like
    David Foster Wallace
    also
    apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

David Foster Wallace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I got william shake a spear

Had to go back to check how to spell shakespeare :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    I write like
    Leo Tolstoy?

never heard of him.

Do you have a nice beard and write really long posts? He wrote War and Peace

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

David Foster Wallace

Seems to be a popular one...

(copied alot of my recently thanked posts...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Edgar Allan Poe

I just copied an article from the Irish Times by Sarah Carey into it. She also writes like David Foster Wallace.

Methinks this is bunkum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Edger Allan Poe :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Do you have a nice beard and write really long posts? He wrote War and Peace

I have a small beard and talk a lot of $hite?!

thats close right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I write like Oscar wilde

which I why I have a bestseller and am super rich.......

oh and by the way I was being sarcastic

To be fair he (David Foster Wallace) is known (according to Wikipedia) for his irony in his writing, and that seems to be 99% of what After Hours is about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

David Foster Wallace...do we all write like him?
    Second time I put a different passage in and got HG Wells

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

eightyfish wrote: »
    I just copied an article from the Irish Times by Sarah Carey into it. She also writes like David Foster Wallace.

Methinks this is bunkum.

The same for Alison O'Riordan...

Dam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

David Foster Wallace.

Never heard of him before

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

H.P. Lovecraft

Even though I plugged in a few paragraphs I had written that had little to do with Nameless Horrors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Arthur C. Clarke - Cooool!

The same for Alison O'Riordan...

I put the Sarah Carey piece through bablefish and translated it from Engish to French and back again. So now it reads like this:
    Let us be us happy to divert budgets d' helps to help to create this qu' does a poor country need the majority - a middle-class? RECENT the G20 top finished with usual vague engagements of the rich nations to reach targets d' helps in the world in the process of development. This time maugrément about the value d' such a help was a little more manifest. You see, if you speak with n' import which sensitive expert, within five minute when they will admit that l' helps belongs to the problem. The stationary flow of l' helps in the poor countries saves the short-term lives, but creates long-term problems. Paul Collar, professor of the economic scenes with l' University d' Oxford, informs qu' there is d' so much; governmental organizations (O.N.G.s) in Haiti qu' they represent a threat for the long-term development of the country by marginalizing the civil government.

etc.
    And apparently she still writes like David Foster Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Ross O Carrol Kelly?????

I just entered this:
    fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

I write like
    Margaret Atwood.

I just entered this:

I write like
    Margaret Atwood.

From Wikipedia
    Margaret Atwood has repeatedly made observations about our relationships to animals in her works.
    :D

Sure tis only a bit of craic. I never said it was scientifically accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Bram Stoker
    H.G. Wells
    H.P. Lovecraft

All horror/sci-fi authors. The weird thing is that I don't even like Horror or Sci-Fi =/

If you copy and paste the whole thread into it we collectively write like:
    James Joyce.

I just entered this:

I write like
    Margaret Atwood.

Surely that should of been that poet... can't remember her first name, but her surname was Bishop... she had a thing for characterising herself as a fish...

• Advertisement

Surely that should of been that poet... can't remember her first name, but her surname was Bishop... she had a thing for characterising herself as a fish...

Google points me to this (Elizabeth Bishop) and this (a Bishop Fish)

Advertisement