Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water off around Forth Mountain?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Have no water since yesterday evening - anyone else in same situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nope, no water problems here at all Bazbu. I'm near enough to the New Line rd, if that's any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Nope, no water problems here at all Bazbu. I'm near enough to the New Line rd, if that's any difference.

I'm up nearer crossroads - no water from mains at all :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Might be stating the obvious but why don't you ring the council?

bmaxi wrote: »
    Might be stating the obvious but why don't you ring the council?

Already done that...they 'think there might be a problem somewhere' :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Bazbu wrote: »
    Already done that...they 'think there might be a problem somewhere' :mad:

You need to take off the gloves with those fcukers. It's patently obvious there's a problem somewhere, you don't need them to tell you that you need them to fix it.

• Advertisement

Have just been told by co co engineer that water pump opposite Mountain Bar is without electricity due to storm and thats the problem. Kates farm shop are also without power apparantely. That stretch of duncannon rd seems to be affected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Effervescent

Hi,

Also on Forth Mountain and no water this morning. I reported it to the Wex Co Co emergency line this morning around 8 and advised them it was probably the pumps at the Mountain Bar tripped out after the storm.

They rang back that the engineer has been in contact with the ESB who are due out this afternoon to fix it and we should have water back then (hopefully!)

Also have no phone since Thursday night's storm - anyone else having a problem?

Hi,

Also on Forth Mountain and no water this morning. I reported it to the Wex Co Co emergency line this morning around 8 and advised them it was probably the pumps at the Mountain Bar tripped out after the storm.

They rang back that the engineer has been in contact with the ESB who are due out this afternoon to fix it and we should have water back then (hopefully!)

Also have no phone since Thursday night's storm - anyone else having a problem?

Thanks for that. Have been told that once power is restored to pump, the council will then have to come out to get it started. My phone is ok (i'm up from mountain bar near crossroads)

Water is back on :) Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Bazbu wrote: »
    Have just been told by co co engineer that water pump opposite Mountain Bar is without electricity due to storm and thats the problem. Kates farm shop are also without power apparantely. That stretch of duncannon rd seems to be affected

Wow that's really weird. My house is just 5 seconds up the road past that pump, haven't had any water problems at all though. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement