Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mercedes ML class - any good at towing?

• 16-07-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Already posted this in the general motors thread, but no one answered so thought I might actually get an opinion here. Drove a ML320 over in the states, was pure comfort and have priced 2005/2006 models over here which are fairly reasonable, but my question is whether they are any good at towing? The ultimate reason for wanting a big car is to tow a horse box when I get around to getting a towing licence, so it'd be a bit stupid to get a nice big (but comfortable!) car that isn't great at towing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

It's big enough to comfortably tow a horse box, whether it's any good at it I don't know, not that common here. Do you know your not buying German build quality? The old model was badly nailed together by rednecks in Tuscaloosa Alabama, the current model (post 2005) is supposed to be a big improvement (still wouldn't be seen dead in one though! ;))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M-Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Have driven a 03 ML270 diesel and there pretty comfortable as 4x4s go. Have no personal experience on what the long term reliability is like, though as sean said they were made in the states, not renowned for making reliable things, have a search online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

the 280 and 320 are a totally different beast to the old ML270's .. ive driven both a 320 and 280 and the ML280 is a serious machine for towing and has decent traction also..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

'scuse my ignorance but is the 320 diesel or petrol?

Have a mate that had a petrol ML, very surefooted but a sod on fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Fishtits wrote: »
    'scuse my ignorance but is the 320 diesel or petrol?

Have a mate that had a petrol ML, very surefooted but a sod on fuel.

not sure if you can get petrol 320 or not but most are 320cdi diesel.. basically chipped up 280.. but having driven both there is very little difference in performance imo

• Advertisement
Advertisement