Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows phone os 7

Options
  • 16-07-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

ouch!,

I guess he didn't like it:

http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobilize/windows-phone-7-dont-bother-disaster-211?page=0,0
    I was appalled, flummoxed, and stupefied by what I saw and the answers to the questions from the 15 or so developers in the audience. Also, it should be noted that minuscule attendance and the utter lack of passion in the room spoke volumes about Windows Phone 7's ultimate fate as well. By comparison, about five times as many people attended a session on WebOS.
    The developers at Mobile Beat quickly recognized the labor-intensity of this UI method and one asked the Microsoft rep if anyone had bothered to test it with users. The answer was essentially "no" -- a scary thought indeed.

There's still no hardware using this so I guess it's early days..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Ouch indeed! Pretty damning stuff. But hardly surprising.

"Its browser is Internet Explorer 7, with some IE8 capabilities added -- that means it does not support HTML5, as the iPhone, Android, WebOS, and Nokia Symbian all do. Didn't anyone on the Windows Phone 7 team know about IE9 and its embrace of HTML5? Why isn't Windows Phone 7 using IE9?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I don't understand how he's suddenly change his mind? Nothing has changed since he wrote his first article "Why I like Windows Phone 7 (so far)" on the 15 of March 2010

http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobilize/why-i-windows-phone-7-so-far-758

The interface is still the exact same, the details and specs are the exact same. Everything he is talking about has been know from the start, looks like hes just pissed off. :D

Advertisement