Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the rut kicking in yet?

• 16-07-2010 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Hey guys ! Thought we might try to motivate each other. Since the recession started and we have all lost our jobs and will to live, what have you done to keep active or sane.
    Went mad on DIY, learning to swim and did a few multimedia centre courses with fas, but started to get fed up and bored a bit now.
    How do you keep sane?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Keep busy most important, have laugh with your friends, get out of house even if its only for a walk if its not raining.

You have to think positive. All us unemployed have days you feel misreable but thats not going to do anyone any good.

Good job on learning to swim, all the diy stores are busy from unemployed people buying paint. :)

Keep applying for the few jobs there are, ask friends, family because i really think in limerick now its not what you know but who you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I hear painting has become a popular activity :D

Seriously fair play for keeping busy, have you considered volunteer work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

I became obsessed with the internet

ok , that happened a long time ago but I'm keeping it as my excuse .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

+1 for becoming obsessed with the internet :)
    Startup a website maybe! That's what i did when i was off, but only really started it again now.
    Read books, library is good.
    Help people.
    Reconnect with family and friends.
    You have done some courses, which is good. Do more :) Maybe something you never thought of doing! Hairdressing to mechanic, try something new, you might like it.
    Clean up something while going for a walk.
    Become a vigilante, getting a superhero suit and ambushing evil doers in the dark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was off work for nearly 10 months so played lots and lots and lots and lots of videogames, have 13 days playtime racked up on Modern Warfare 2 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

krudler wrote: »
    I was off work for nearly 10 months so played lots and lots and lots and lots of videogames, have 13 days playtime racked up on Modern Warfare 2 :D

oh crap ya, forgot that! ps3! I played lots of FPS online while if was off. 30 on 30 team deathmatches. So often i would get the most kills/points out of both teams some games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭RINO87

I have noticed that Sunday drinking has waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy overtaken Friday drinking.

Me? I'm gonna get a look at parts of this country I havent seen yet. (once i eventually get my dole backpay for petrol that is!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

yea great idea i have done a fair bit of traveling around the emerald isle

Advertisement