Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classes in UL Sports Arena

• 16-07-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hi fellow Limerickians.

I've been looking into exercise classes around the city, and the only real ones that interest me are the ones going in UL. There are a number of different classes running it seems, and I'm just wondering could anyone tell me if they have attended these classes, and if so, which one.

I'm not so sure which one to pick. I suppose I'm looking for something that is worthwhile doing but at the same time I wouldn't be one that'd be full of energy.

I'm also open to suggestions for a different venue, I just can't seem to find many places that do classes.

Thanks.;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Limerick91

I would recommend Trak Attak or Spinning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

I took spinning classes out there and they're well worthwhile - if you've never done it before try Begin to Spin if they're doing it. You can work as hard as you want in this class but it's great CV workout in 45 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Jaysus, that web-site is very poor isn't it? (the ul one)

What's with the rapidly changing pictures?

I could hardly read the info with all the background ****e flashing.

I haven't been to any classes yet, I usually just use the pool and sauna, but am hoping to do some of the lunch-time classes when I'm back in college in Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I've been doing the Freestyle Fitness Yoga over the course of the last semester. It's really good. Not super physical but it can be if you really push yourself. Some tough positions but the instructor tends to spot when people are in trouble. To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the classes there. The staff are top notch like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Any class done by evelyn especially freestyle fitness yoga and her spinning classes - she's great. Emmas tueday morning 7.15 spin is great. As a runner/cyclist evelyn and emma deffo cater to all levels fron the newbie to exercise to those who compete in sports

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't really going to go for the cycling things as I find that really really difficult. I want an overall work out, something that'll help my thighs my bum and tum, and strengthen up my arms. I did yoga before I didn't find it any good physically, so was put off that a bit there. Anyone have any idea as regards price ranges too? Just some idea so I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

The rates tab is in the link you posted. Different rates depending on if you're a member/student/one off

The rates tab is in the link you posted. Different rates depending on if you're a member/student/one off

Thanks I just checked again there and it came up (it wasn't showing anything earlier, that's why I asked)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I see that Richie's aerobics classes are very popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Trak attack or Boxfit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I could hardly read the info with all the background ****e flashing.

I'd do the one involving all the flashing to be entirely honest.

- Ahem.

StoopidUN - How do we know this isn't a clever ploy to see us all in Lycra and in compromising positions :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

hmmmmmmmm lycra compromising positions or should that be mmmmmmm

Raiser wrote: »

StoopidUN - How do we know this isn't a clever ploy to see us all in Lycra and in compromising positions :(

How would it be? If I was asking all of ye to join me in going to the classes, then maybe, but I'm not. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

How would it be? If I was asking all of ye to join me in going to the classes, then maybe, but I'm not. :confused:

Ay go away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'll explain.

Just say if you come on here and ask for recommendations for Classes.

Then ItsDaQuack says - Well I love the Advanced Leotard Prancing Classes in the UL Arena - Saturdays 10am-11am......

- What's to stop you from then showing up 5 mins late and leching all over him in his Lycra self and fluffy pink knee socks from the very rear of the Room?

:(

:eek:

Raiser wrote: »

- What's to stop you from then showing up 5 mins late and leching all over him in his Lycra self and fluffy pink knee socks from the very rear of the Room?

My lack of desperation.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Um, can I just throw in here (cos I don't think it merits a thread of it's own) that a single gym workout costs eight quid in this place!

Annnnnd their student rate is exclusive to UL students only -I mean, wtf?! That's like a UL student going to the cinema in Dublin and being told they can't have the student rate because they're not in Trinity.

Am I just a bit backward with the old going rate at gyms or is eight quid for a Tuesday afternoon workout a bit Celtic Tigery? I was miffed anyway :(

EDIT: I did the evening yoga classes here last year. Room was too packed, it was very stuffy and we went through more moves than Michael Jackson without really doing any of them properly, so was neither relaxing or exertive.

Advertisement