Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the nightlife like?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

hilo, so im just wondering whats the nightlife in limerick? good/bad? got my results during the week and i'm just waiting for the CAO now :rolleyes:.. i'm actually going to LIT and posted this in that fourm but it seems fairly quiet over there :o! thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Unbelieveable.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

You will be fine in LIT as it is close to town which is where the better night life is.
    UL is a good bit out which makes heading into town a bit of a pain in the *** but there is the options of the lodge/stables/scholars if you aren't up for the trip in

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

thanks guys for the replys :D, lookin' forward to it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Heading to town from UL is hardly a pain in the arse. €10 taxi or get the last bus in. The nightlife is absolutely brilliant down there during term.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Funkstard wrote: »
    Heading to town from UL is hardly a pain in the arse. €10 taxi or get the last bus in. The nightlife is absolutely brilliant down there during term.
    That is a pain in the arse for me to be honest:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Funkstard wrote: »

3euro taxi unless your the only one in it

and yes the nightlife is great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

You're a first year, so I would recommend something along the lines of

Sunday night - Lodge
    Monday Night - Trinity Rooms
    Tuesday Night - Angel Lane/Icon depending on where the crowd seems to be heading
    Wednesday night - Lodge/Molly's??
    Thursday Night - Trinity Rooms

Molly's is a good alternative to the above every night of the week and there is a decent selection of pubs if you aren't interested in Clubs/Late Bars.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are generally the busiest and best nights, although I love Sundays in the Lodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

And don't forget, if you're sick of "normal" nightclubs there are a lot of alternatives that play house/dub step down town which are unbelievably epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    And don't forget, if you're sick of "normal" nightclubs there are a lot of alternatives that play house/dub step down town which are unbelievably epic.
    house:D? brilliant;)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

clarke1991 wrote: »
    house:D? brilliant;)
    Just in case any 17 yr olds reading this. All places accept student ID during the weeks. Student ID does not show your age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Just in case any 17 yr olds reading this. All places only accept student ID during the weeks. Student ID does not show your age

So a normal passport or age card wont work? I think you're wide of the mark there bobo

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    So a normal passport or age card wont work? I think you're wide of the mark there bobo
    I'm gonna fill up a bag full of bricks and beat the crap out of you. Only messing. Good movie though or do you just really like hulk. The lodge normally dont accept passports during the week though. Only want students in their nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I've only ever used my Garda I.D during the week in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hulk Hands wrote: »

Molly's only want student ID as they dont want others going in there....but anywhere else save for the lodge accepts whatever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Coming down to sample the nightlife on Tuesday night :D Will they accept my student ID from Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

aramush wrote: »
    Coming down to sample the nightlife on Tuesday night :D Will they accept my student ID from Galway?

Don't think so. You can try but bring the age card as well, just in case.

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Don't think so. You can try but bring the age card as well, just in case.

Lost it! All i have is that and the bank card. Tis terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Lost it! All i have is that and the bank card. Tis terrible.

Ouch. :( Report it to the guards, they'll try and track it down for you. In the meantime, all I can suggest is apply for a new one or bring the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

I'd say you should be alright. I've had friends down from Galway numerous times the last few years and we never had any issue getting in anywhere.

Testament1 wrote: »
    I'd say you should be alright. I've had friends down from Galway numerous times the last few years and we never had any issue getting in anywhere.

Thats good to hear, its just I don't fancy the thought of bringing the passport with me, surely be lost!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Costellos is the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 40 COOMKEEN3010

My friends came from waterford for a night and all they had was their wit student cards and they got in fine.....

Advertisement