Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landmark sculpture for grattan quay?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah God forbid the peoples voice should be heard! Set up a Facebook group, seemed to work for the ard ri! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Think I might link this thread to someone, any ideas? I truly think the thing is horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Asmodean wrote: »
    Yeah God forbid the peoples voice should be heard! Set up a Facebook group, seemed to work for the ard ri! :)

There's only one voice the current Mayor hears - and that's her own

she will never listen to the majority becasue she knows best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

ziedth wrote: »
    Think I might link this thread to someone, any ideas? I truly think the thing is horrible.
    Best do some quick editing before it is linked, that way we'll all look like knowledgable people instead of an angry mob.

Ha ha, can't have that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

So would anyone here be willing to try and prevent this barnicle being inflicted on the quay.

How about a petition/armed campaign or someting:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

jaysus you people have little to be worrying about.

The wasting of public money should be taken seriously.

There are plenty of things that deserve that money more than that peice of......

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

since the symbol of the city is 3 ships I think it would be nice to have a sculpture with 3 ships ... simple!

the chain & the ship is fine ... tis the junk inbetween that ruins it.

jaysus you people have little to be worrying about.

I dunno about that,

funny thing about discussion. I can't stand the godfather films if I said that on thread here I doubt anyone would notice but over on the film fourm they'd be a 100 post thread by Tuesday. Should all be taken in context really.

• Advertisement

comeraghs wrote: »
    since the symbol of the city is 3 ships I think it would be nice to have a sculpture with 3 ships ... simple!

the chain & the ship is fine ... tis the junk inbetween that ruins it.

Something simple with 3 ships would be fine, further down the quay would be better. the current proposal really has nothing going for it in my view. looks sh1t, poor location....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

ship would be cool.....the chain looks retarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Now if Diageo were to buy San Miguel - then they could have a scupture of the San Miguel Logo outside their premises on Grattan Quay which is Three Ships:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

ziedth wrote: »
    I dunno about that,

funny thing about discussion. I can't stand the godfather films if I said that on thread here I doubt anyone would notice but over on the film fourm they'd be a 100 post thread by Tuesday. Should all be taken in context really.

It insists upon itself?

Advertisement