Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Debenhams bras

Options
  • 16-07-2010 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, saw a thread on bras here and it reminded me of something I'd like a bit of advice on!

I was delilghted going into Debenhams a few months back, as it's difficult to find places that stock my cup size. Anyway, I pay on average about €35+ per bra, most of them being from the "gorgeous" range from Debenhams (larger cup sizes). My problem is that every single bra I've gotten from this range has lost its underwire after only a few weeks of moderate wear.

At one point, I bought about 12 bras there because I was in dire need of some, got measured in there and bought loads while I was there. They all lost the wires after about 7 wears each, if even that.

I bought some more, presuming it was my own fault and maybe I didn't wear them right but the few (I only got 3 this time!) I bought did the same thing. Needless to say, I haven't been back in there since, but if I were to return and something similar would happen again, what would my rights be? I wanted to bring them back in but tbh I felt ridiculous bringing in bras that I'd already worn >__>

So if I were to go back and the same thing happened (because I'm finding it bloody difficult to get my bra size without paying upwards of 50 euro and I'm unemployed so that's not possible!), what should I do? I got numerous different bra types, all from the same range, and it happened with all of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's highly unusual. Did you wash the bras in that time period?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yeah, but I handwashed them because I have such a hard time finding my cup size that I don't want to F up any that I manage to get my hands on. It happened to my sister too, but only with about half of hers. I thought it was weird too and am wondering if maybe they measured me wrong because if it didn't fit right, that might explain whatever pressure caused the wires to pop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Does happen now and then to bras but I've never had this issue with just one style.

Usually I can see straight away where the piece of wire had broken through the casing. All I can recommend is to secure the wire in the right place with stiching before wear. Hardly a solution....sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Shellygoose

I wear that range myself and ive never had any problems with any of the bras. I would definately recommend that you get measured (i was wearing the wrong cup size and the difference since i got measured is AMAZING!!)

In regards to your rights if you brought them back....thats a tough one. You could argue that they are faulty but then again they may argue that it is down to consumer mis-use....so really not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I have had problems with underwires in the past and I know my size is right so I sympathise. Have you seen this product - it was on the Dragons Den a while back. I bought a set and they work really well, especially if caught short by the under-arm stabbing when you're away from home :o.
    However, a bit of work with a good strong darning needle will also effect a good repair I find.

• Advertisement
Advertisement