Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal anime streams?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭

I can access crunchyroll but i can't access the funimation wesbite or the anime network site either---are these two sites only available to people with a usa ip address?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Well they ain't available to Irish IPs anyway. Copyright issues I'm guessing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You can always get a US IP via VPN (I've got a subscription for one at 60 USD a year which allows me to stream HD with out problem and gets around such things; inc. allowing you to see everything on Crunchyroll).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Nody wrote: »
    You can always get a US IP via VPN (I've got a subscription for one at 60 USD a year which allows me to stream HD with out problem and gets around such things; inc. allowing you to see everything on Crunchyroll).

That would counts as illegal since you don't have the right to access it outright, and are circumventing the security in place. Is their a reason that you uses it other than anime, legal and otherwise everything is available using torrents. The protection that is offered if it's a U.S ip is lower than it is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Nody wrote: »

What vpn service do you use? i would use a usa vpn but ive heard that they have a very friendly relationship with the RIAA and the like over there. Are usa internet laws very pro isp and anti p2p?

mehmeh12 wrote: »
    What vpn service do you use? i would use a usa vpn but ive heard that they have a very friendly relationship with the RIAA and the like over there. Are usa internet laws very pro isp and anti p2p?

There was a law passed kind of recently, that made it illegal to attempt to bypass a security system. Even a password of "123" if guessed would get you arrested. The Vice president over there was making a lot of statements about copyright.
    The laws over there aren't really pro isp or anti p2p but they do go after both of them viciously when dealing with copyright infringement.
    Here is a Torrent news site is does not contain any illegal stuff just who is suing who and shutting down what, and it includes more than just torrents with news on any thing of file sharing or distribution even the legal kind with some stories on VPNs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

While I am not sure about Youtube, Hulu which hosts a large collection of anime does block proxies and VPNs for this reason.

Solution - move to the US \o/

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Solution - move to the US \o/

That's a terrible thing to say, i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
    Art_Wolf wrote: »
    While I am not sure about Youtube, Hulu which hosts a large collection of anime does block proxies and VPNs for this reason.

I sure he could find any new episode of anything from the funi site on Youtube. Youtube does block Irish ips from some things, the funi Youtube part is one of them.

But any normal user content won't be blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Surely if you subscribe to Crunchyroll you get access to everything?

Surely if you subscribe to Crunchyroll you get access to everything?

It's a matter of licence, Crunchyroll doesn't have the rights to show some series in certain countries even if you subscribe.

Advertisement