Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things for kids to do in greystones

Options
  • 16-07-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi folks, i have a 10 year old cousion up form cork for a few weeks and hes crawling the walls as hes borde out of his tree, are there any more parks bar the one beside the dart and the back of jackie skellies? or fun free stuff for a 10 year old to do? its been 16 years since i was 10 so im a little ou of the loop and dont know any one with kids in the area! thanks for the tips if you have any!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

10-year-olds would want to be hanging around the skate park hurting themselves...afaik it's free to skate/bike, it has beginner areas also - all provided you have a lid (helmet) - I think thats the only rule. There is also a small rockclimbing wall which I think would be of age for him...give them a shout on 01 201 6145 to see if there's any age restrictions.

I know you need a skate board or bike, but hey if he doesn't have one, it's never too late to get him that 10th birthday present! The Board in the village can help you out there!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

astrofluff wrote: »
    10-year-olds would want to be hanging around the skate park hurting themselves...afaik it's free to skate/bike, it has beginner areas also - all provided you have a lid (helmet) - I think thats the only rule. There is also a small rockclimbing wall which I think would be of age for him...give them a shout on 01 201 6145 to see if there's any age restrictions.
    !

Think there is an age limit in the skatepark. 13 or something like that, not that it is enforced.

I know they not free but places like the tennis and sailing club are great places to makes friends when your that age in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

luapenak wrote: »
    Think there is an age limit in the skatepark. 13 or something like that, not that it is enforced.

I know they not free but places like the tennis and sailing club are great places to makes friends when your that age in Greystones.

The skatepark age limit is 10. (10 yrs upwards). The new driving range is offering lessons for kids, and the kayaking club has great reports (but also not free). There's the pool in Charlesland, and another kid's play centre in Kilcoole.
    Although not that near Greystones, the Cabinteely park is awesome for kids of all ages, as they have more challenging and fun stuff there, like zip-lines and huge climbing frames.
    Then of course there's also Clara Lara and the adventure place in the Wicklow Mtns. (sorry can't remember the name)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 anne.oneemas

CSSM is on until friday week. It's a multi-denominational christian group, but the emphasis is on fun rather than religion. Check www.greystonescssm.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

i bring my kid to shoreline,€10 for an hour of table tennis,all bats and balls provide,if he's into football the all weather pitch in Kilcoole(lott lane)is always open,gates may be locked,if so you can just hop over small wall,i'm involved with club so it's not like you'll get in trouble

i also use the tennis/basketball courts in Newcastle from time to time,also free

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Fishing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Princessrider

Tennis , swim, pool or sea, cycling, walk Bray head, Coolagad or climb sugarloaf. Skate Park. Football parks. Lots to do and remember including angling and boating

Advertisement