Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Moon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

That is just stunning......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Very cool. Running crappy here in the office so can't wait to see what it's like at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

must learn how to create those kind of pics - they're only good online - no point in printing them...but they look amazing.

I'm guessing its prob about 100-200 pics...maybe more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

*swoon* the light flooding over the mountain is delicious :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

w0w0w0w0w!!

where is this ? looks like Table mountain Cape Town ? is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

How is it done? Snap and stitch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Nanoc wrote: »
    How is it done? Snap and stitch?

I assume so. I thought maybe it was done with a gigapan. If you look at the guy on the left, his arm is missing and it looks like he had a remote release of some sort

I really do want to learn how to do them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

That's really good, however he does it, and the rest of the site has a great feel to it as well!
    the_monkey wrote: »
    w0w0w0w0w!!

where is this ? looks like Table mountain Cape Town ? is it ?

The contact details of the site say Capetown alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

somebody please find/do a tutorial for these:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Panoscan Camera. I know a guy who uses them for property websites. His one has a 50megapixel res

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

These are done with quicktime panoramas. Very cool software but been around for a while.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Create-Quicktime-VR-Panoramas/

step 1Get what you need.
    Here's a list of things you'll need Hardware: 1) A Digital Camera. I used a Canon EOS20D Digital SLR. 2) A memory card. Prefferably a big one; you'll be taking alot of pictures. 3) A Tripod. Not necessarilly a panoramic tripod. I just used your normal garden-variety tripod. 4) A Windows computer. Possibly the one you're reading this on…
    default.SQUARE.gifstep 2Prepare for Picture-taking
    For your VR, you'll probably want to select a nice, outdoor aread, with lots of bright sunlight, and open spaces around you. An area fairly devoid of people or similar moving things is also a good idea. If a person is in a spot in one picture, but gone in another photo of the same location, it can create a "ghosting" effect, when you stitch the Panorama together. No…

F5PEELCEHYEUHCAPGJ.SQUARE.jpgstep 3Take pictures!
    Ok, in order to get all the information for your panorama, you're going to need to take a picture of every single point you can see from the camera's point of view. There's an easy way to do this: through a series of stacks of vertical pictures. How this works is you start with the camera pointing straight down, and you take a picture, then tilt it up so that there's…

FQ3D1EPN9VEUHCAQZ4.SQUARE.jpgstep 4AutoStitch
    Load all the photos onto your computer. Next, open up Autostitch. You may have read my previous instructable , about making panoramas. After I wrote that instructable out, someone posted a comment, linking to a program that does it all automatically, Autostitch. So, that's what we'll be using in this tutorial, instead of autopano-sift and Hugin. Autostitch is remar…

FHHTU4RVOFEUHOC2IO.SQUARE.jpgstep 5GIMPing (Optional)
    Open up your newly created pano.jpg, and look at the file dimmensions. The width should be exactly twice the height. (EXACTLY!) If it's not, you can use the GIMP to fix it. As well as some other problems that might arize. I wont go into too much detail, for the GIMP stuff, but I'll give you some general info, on problems. If the image is less than half as tall as …

F5V0JQVZTQEUHSVH6H.SQUARE.jpgstep 6PanoCube
    Move (or copy) the pano.jpg you have to the folder that PanoCube is in, also, make sure you moved the PanoTools things to that folder. And, just a reminder, that folder should be on the path "C:\PanoCube" or something similar. PanoCube is very finicky, and doesn't like spaces in file-paths. Grab PTStitcher.exe, and drag it into PanoCube.exe, so PanoCube will know whe…

Advertisement