Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI This Weekend (16th-19th of July)

• 16-07-2010 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭

Friday, 16 Jul 2010

Bohemian FC
    19:45
    Sligo Rovers

U.C.D.
    Bray Wanderers

Sunday, 18 Jul 2010

Dundalk
    19:00
    St. Patrick's Athletic

Galway United
    20:05
    Shamrock Rovers

Monday, 19 Jul 2010

Sporting Fingal
    Drogheda United

Very scattered weekend with European ties being played, lot of teams will be tired coming out of their European matches. Will be a tough match for Bohs against Sligo.

Galway United versus Shamrock Rovers is being shown live on Setanta Ireland on Sunday, hence the 8.05 kick-off time.

First Division:
    Friday 16th July 2010

Monaghan United
    20:00
    Cork City Foras Co-op

Finn Harps
    Waterford United

Wexford Youths
    Limerick

Shelbourne
    Derry City

Saturday 17th July 2010

Salthill Devon
    19:00
    Mervue United

Longford Town
    19:30
    Athlone Town

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Match of the night has to be in Tolka. Should be a good game and I'll take a draw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Options are UCD or Tolka...Tolka it is then. Are either side on form?

Terryland has been a happy hunting ground for Rovers in the last few years - also easy to get to and back from, all wins since promotion I think. Might be a different story this time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I can't see us (Galway United) getting anything from this. We only have about 15 players left.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Tough match against Sligo I expect

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I can't see us (Galway United) getting anything from this. We only have about 15 players left.

Creaney, Flood and McBrien have all been let go apparently.

Not too optimistic, though hopefully Rovers will be a bit jaded from playing last night. O'Donnell should be back too which is a massive boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Just about to head up to Monaghan.

Never been up there before.

We have done well on the road so hopefully its a good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Yeah hopefully its a decent game. Joey ndo might come back to haunt bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Took a cheeky punt on a treble of UCD, Bohs and Pats all to win -1

dfx- wrote: »
    Options are UCD or Tolka...Tolka it is then. Are either side on form?

Both are, Derry haven't lost in some crazy amount of games and we won 5 and drawn two in our last 7 matches, with our last three games being wins. Derrys top goalscorer is out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Can see a 1-0 or 2-1 to Bohs...heading down to it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Hoping Bohs drop points down in Shligo

CiaranC wrote: »
    Hoping Bohs drop points down in Shligo

Eh its in Dalymount, or I'm hoppin back on the 19A!

Trilla wrote: »
    Eh its in Dalymount, or I'm hoppin back on the 19A!
    Ah balls, Bohs should win comfortably so

CiaranC wrote: »
    Ah balls, Bohs should win comfortably so

Honestly, they way we're playing this year (granted we're coming into form now ish) but Sligo are organized...and my fellow Carlow man upfront for Sligeach will be hoping to do his former teammates a favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I think our wannabe rivals might well take a point of our rivals tonight.

Here's hoping.

1-0 boez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Shels 1-0 to the good. Starting to show promotion form.

Voltwad wrote: »
    Shels 1-0 to the good. Starting to show promotion form.

Hah you cursed them.

Bohs disposed of the wannabes handily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Shels fans didn't seem to happy on the bus home, although they did get a laugh out of singing "who are ya?" at a Man Utd fan.

Good win for us (Bohs) tonight, the squad are really starting to show form, the signings we made at the start of the season are just getting better and better every week. Barry Murphy made some superb saves when he was called upon, a shadow of the error prone keeper that he was at the start of the season. Absolute blinder of a save from Doyles (?) shot. The only bad thing I can say about any one of our players is that Owen Heary panics too much on the ball, elects to hoof it up the pitch rather than pass it, but he still had a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Thought Quigs was very good tonight, paddy seemed to get pushed around a lot he really needs to try and build himself up more in the gym.

Solid enough performance, few nervy moments early on. Conor didn't seem to be getting any protection down the left and got done a few times.

Love to see ndo back, he had an excellent game.

• Advertisement

Shels Derry was an entertaining game alright. Shels scored too early but had their chances to finish a poor nordie defence away.

Farren did well for the equaliser and was the difference in the second half. Snatched on the breakaway at the end. Entertaining game as Farren ran at Shels and Shels always threatened a dodgy defence

A lot more nordie fans than I thought would be there. :eek:

Who was no. 6 for Shels..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Monaghan deserving of their win but we did have chances 2nd half.

Philly Hughes caused us all sorts of problems with his direct running. Greg O'Halloran was skinned on more than one occasion.

Thought Cummins and Barrett led the line well but we were always vunderable at the back.

Decent performance from Bohs, few nervy moments at the back, but fair play to Baz, made some good saves when called upon. Good to see Keego score, his recent performances deserve it.

Decent performance from Bohs, few nervy moments at the back, but fair play to Baz, made some good saves when called upon. Good to see Keego score, his recent performances deserve it.

One unreal save in the first half!

Cretaro was awful I thought. Quigley, Murphy and Keegan played very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Colin O'Brien.

Was at the match, thought Shels could have at least drawn (and Alan Matthews thinks the same). Derry were just more clinical though.

Good to see the team play the way they can in the first half though.

I'm off to Bohs - Wolves today ;)

Shels Derry was an entertaining game alright. Shels scored too early but had their chances to finish a poor nordie defence away.

Farren did well for the equaliser and was the difference in the second half. Snatched on the breakaway at the end. Entertaining game as Farren ran at Shels and Shels always threatened a dodgy defence

A lot more nordie fans than I thought would be there. :eek:

Thought we deserved the draw tbh, heading over to the bar at half-time we were all saying we scored way to early and well we don't hold onto leads.

Good match I thought, good atmo too.

Ye the British seemed to be having the craic and probably a few heart attacks at that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Trilla wrote: »

Cretaro was awful I thought.

moaning at everyone after he gave the ball away untill Owen let rip at him after playing him into trouble from inside the sligo half :eek:

Byrne looked pretty hungry when he came on, I'd like to see him start against TNS

Was at Bohs v Wolves today and I didn't get to talk to him but Raf was limping around badly when I saw him after the match. Did he pick up an injury last night?

Was at Bohs v Wolves today and I didn't get to talk to him but Raf was limping around badly when I saw him after the match. Did he pick up an injury last night?
    Not that I noticed, he played the full 90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

What a poor attendance at the game today. I heard that 3k was expected but there wouldve been barely enough to fill half the jodi

What a poor attendance at the game today. I heard that 3k was expected but there wouldve been barely enough to fill half the jodi
    I didn't get an official number today but I'd say 1500. Around 300 Wolves fans- 600 were expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Galway and Rovers game is on Setanta Africa this evening! WoW

Never even knew there was a Setanta Africa - didnt even know they showed LOI outside Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

redout wrote: »

Never even knew there was a Setanta Africa - didnt even know they showed LOI outside Ireland!

Must do

slightly odd.

http://www.shamrockrovers.com.au/content/blogcategory/13/41/

seriously odd.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=36999137389

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

redout wrote: »

Setanta Africa?? WTF!! Never heard of that one myself. I know there's the Irish and American one, plus the British before it went to the wall. But Setanta Africa??

Checking the listings there now, it's actually on Setanta Ireland as well. Nice one. Not very well advertised though.

Hancock :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Pats finished 3 nil, another hammering by a team against Dundalk, that makes Levski, Bohs, Rovers and now Pats.

Rovers nil all at half time, Rovers need to get the ball down and play some football, the way they play make them look very average (which they aren't), Alan Mannus hasn't had to work an awful lot though. Galway have played well though, need to start getting those crosses into their players though, Alan Mannus hasn't had a hard time dealing with them at all.

4806301532_9034f0d3b1_o.jpg

Advertisement