Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphy in Celtic talks

• 16-07-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭

Sunderland were today awaiting developments on striker Daryl Murphy's proposed move to Celtic.

The clubs have agreed terms and the 27-year-old was last night given permission to talk to the Glasgow giants.

Black Cats assistant boss Eric Black said today: "The clubs have agreed terms, it is now down to the player.

"He has been given permission to go and speak to them, which I think he was doing last night.

"We should have an update on that today, with a bit of luck."

Irish international Murphy, who joined the Wearsiders in a £100,000 move from Waterford in June 2005, has struggled to command a regular place at the Stadium of Light in recent seasons, particularly under new boss Steve Bruce.

He spent the second half of last season on loan at Ipswich, where he scored six goals in 18 appearances.

Murphy is one of a number of players surplus to requirements at Sunderland as Bruce attempts to re-shape his squad for the new campaign.

could be a very big move for him and i'd be very suprised if it was to go through. it would be good news for waterford united if it does happen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭bullpost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Great news. Glad for him. Hopefully he starts banging in the goals and gets himself back on an Ireland teamsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Great news i hope he does well , and i think he will .......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Is there a deal there that would give Waterford a cut of the transfer fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

I heard they were in contact with him about 2 months ago, i should have put my house on it, do'h!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Shows the fall of the once mighty pull of Celtic and Scotland but delighted for him.

Best player I ever played against ( before our Monday games :)) next to Noel Hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Trotter wrote: »
    Is there a deal there that would give Waterford a cut of the transfer fee?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Best of luck to him and hopefully a nice few quid for Waterford United,just a shame its the other team in green and white he signed for :-)

Advertisement