Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

nokia ck 7w hands free kit

Options
  • 16-07-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

dont know if this is the right spot for this thread but hear goes.

after installing the above car kit in a hyundai coupe when ever a call is made or received there is awful interfereance, echoing and feedback from the speaker. iv made sure the speaker and the microphone are more the the stated distance apart but still have the problem.

iv even had them at opposite end of the car and it still happens.

can anyone help me out?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I take it you turned down the volume on the speaker. Try unpairing the phone and reset everything and pair it up again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

If your testing your installation of the phone kit the phone your using will also introduce feedback. The best way I found to test an phone kit installation was to ring my voicemail number { 08(X) 5XXXXXXX } say a few test sentences . Dial 171 and play the message back to test the audio pickup as well as sound system integration with the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Chippy01

What phone are you using?
    We recently upgraded our phones at work, and the boss treated himself to a Blackberry.
    His car kit is the CK7W, and he has an awful echo coming in with his calls. With his old phone the kit works perfectly.
    Perhaps your phone (like his Blackberry) isn't 100% compatable with the kit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Get a parrot kit. They are the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Chippy01 wrote: »
    What phone are you using?
    We recently upgraded our phones at work, and the boss treated himself to a Blackberry.
    His car kit is the CK7W, and he has an awful echo coming in with his calls. With his old phone the kit works perfectly.
    Perhaps your phone (like his Blackberry) isn't 100% compatable with the kit?

I can confirm this... Blackberry's echo with the CK7W no matter what settings are tweaked. Its a real crock of sh!t too as I have a CK7W and its useless to me now since I moved to BB as my primary phone some time back.

If anyone know's how to fix then please tell me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sorry I can't be of help here but I've the CK7W kit in my car and it works flawlessly with my 5800

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

iv tried it with a few phones nokias and motorolas and i get the same thing all the time.

il try that unpairing and pairing again and also ringing the voice mail, when iv been testing it the phone iv been ringing has been in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

when iv been testing it the phone iv been ringing has been in the car.

if both phones are in the car you will get horrible feedback as the mic will start looping all the sound through both phones. make sure the unpaired phone is well away from the car.

Had a horrible experience where i was in convoy with someone else driving my car and me driving theres, when we called each other I didnt realise we were close enough for the bluetooth to connect to the other car. was almost deafened by feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi

well there's your problem ,having BOTH phones in use in the car WILL cause feedback problems. as suggested earlier ring your voice mail and record a message and then dial into retrieve it.

also get some one to ring you to verify quality

regards

brendan
    iv tried it with a few phones nokias and motorolas and i get the same thing all the time.

il try that unpairing and pairing again and also ringing the voice mail, when iv been testing it the phone iv been ringing has been in the car.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Regarding the blackberry problem, although not a fix I found the best option was to turn encryption off and leave echo control on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

thanks for the help lads as soon as im at the car again il try ring the mail box and hopefully that will sort it.

Advertisement