Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank F**k its Friday!

Options
  • 16-07-2010 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod **** to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know? This could be the best night of my life. I've got 73 quid in my back burner - I'm gonna wax the lot, man! The Milky Bars are on me! Yeah!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

mmmmm milky bars.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Meh.. was a 5/10 movie tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

bm365 wrote: »
    The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod **** to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know? This could be the best night of my life. I've got 73 quid in my back burner - I'm gonna wax the lot, man! The Milky Bars are on me! Yeah!

73 quid? Are you spending the weekend in a 3rd world country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'm gonna get so locked this weekend, got offered a job after 7 months on the scratch and now the dole can go fcuk itself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm gonna get so locked this weekend, got offered a job after 7 months on the scratch and now the dole can go fcuk itself! :D

Ooh congrats!!
    Defo have to go celebrate that one!

Me,i'm going to the pictures tomorrow with my sisters and that's it. Party animal me:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

This thread is giving me a monumental case of "Mr. Floppy".
    Kiera wrote: »

Nah, just 1999.

I wouldn't mind going out this weekend.....any one want to take me out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

I'm gona get locked Sunday.....hopefully celebrating Roscommon being crowned kings of Connaught! COME ON THE ROS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I'll take you to a restaurant and eat you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I'll take you out for a nice seafood dinner and never call you again.....

• Advertisement

I'll take you to a restaurant and eat you out
    mikom wrote: »
    I'll take you out for a nice seafood dinner and never call you again.....

Score! Then i'll become a stalker girl and send you my knicks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Listen to Avant Garde and watch Korean B-Movies, thats the plan. But if that fails, go to the pub, binge Guinness, stagger over to my local chipper and purchase Taco Chips and a twister and stay up and watch the United game on MUTV.

Either way, it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Congrats on the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

73 quid sounds like a mental weekend altogether :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Any whizz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Agricola wrote: »
    73 quid sounds like a mental weekend altogether :confused:

It is when yer doin yolkes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Myself and a few fellas are hopping on a bus down to Crosshaven to the yuppies for the last night of Cork week. Were gonna talk some **** and cause abit of carnage while were down there to let them know the scum from the city have arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I work weekends now. Roll on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I just might hit the town within the next hour or so. Its the weekend you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

It's Friday??? News to me, I'm on summer holidays from college so I rarely know what day it is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Don't forget to watch a bit of Bill Hicks before you head out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Congratulations. Just don't go in on your first day with a hangover. :) I don't work on Fridays, so I have a long weekend every weekend. Although it is not the case in the summer, I do work longer days for most of the year, enough to effectively do a five day week of hours in 4 calendar days. So I especially like Fridays. It's nice going home on a Thursday, listening to people talking about having to go to work tomorrow. :)

Friday does mean we are getting nearer to Monday. Sundays in particular are spoiled by their proximity to Monday. As a GAA fan, Sundays at this time of year have their bonuses, so it is not too bad. Winter Sundays, while they have some matches to go to, can be very boring and that dark spectre of Monday hangs over them. :(

I've been off all day, so had a bit of lie-in. I'll be out tonight. I'll be heading to Croke Park for the double header tomorrow, and no I am not one of those sunshine fans of Dublin. As I alluded to above, I go to matches all year round, including ones that don't involve Dublin. I was there for the infamous game last Sunday. I'm not 100% sure on plans for after the matches tomorrow, but it could be a long night. This Sunday will be one of the rare ones in the summer when I won't be going to a match, but I'll be watching ones on TV. Then it is back to work on Monday. :( For now though, there is lots to look forward to over the weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ah, Friday.......don't mean diddley to me, I ain't gots no money to do anything and either does anyone else.

Well, at least I'm seeing Inception tonight with whatever cash I've left :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Friday, Deo gratias.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

good stuff slashermcgurk. you keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Don't you start your new job tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

When your unemployed weekends are meaningless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Kiera wrote: »
    Probably can't hold his drink very well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

isnt that quote from some ad on a radio station???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

karlog wrote: »
    When your unemployed weekends are meaningless.

And weekdays, it's all the same to me these days.

Advertisement