Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtra-vision 35% Recent releaces?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

4798943789_0bf9f992a4_m.jpg
    See offer here

Just noticed this offer while I was in an Xtra-vision store. Its online too at the link above. However I am wondering if it is a proper offer because I have never seen recent relieces at a higher price than €3.50. So where are they getting 35pc off?

Maybe I am going blind so here is my question has anyone seen recent release movies (not new release) for €5.35 in the last few months?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Depends on how they define recent. Is it 12 months, 6 months, 1 month, or what? I'd be pretty sure you're not going to get anything that's still popular in this offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've seen this offer along side the €5 something a night one. That said their other offers of 3 or 5 nights etc might be cheaper I dunno. Then maybe it was blu-ray, their stores are quite poorly laid out these days. They seem to reorganise them every other week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

The 5 euro a night ones are for new releases. And the better offer you are talking about is 2 new dvd rentals for 9 something.

The offer above is for recent releases, in the store I go to they are just beside the new releases and are labeled recent releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

The reduction might occur 35% more recently.

huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Haggis The Dog

was in last night and questioned it...seemingly its not for *new* releases but for some of the older ones...i asked like which ones and i was offered the men who stare at goats as an example:eek: didnt bother with anything in the end...its not very well thought out as you cant see which ones are covered in the shop (bray)

To be honest it says recent releases. They are labeled in the store and I have never seen them above €3.50. They can't be picking and choosing any dvd they want and say it is on offer, all the recent releases have to be on offer if it says so on the poster. I think this is a false offer and I would love to find out when the dvds were a higher price than 3.50. Next time I am in I will tell them I want 35% off 3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I dont see the problem with this offer, its not a bad one.

Most new and recent releases have been €5.35 to rent, theyve never really distinguished between them before in terms of price, so something that was out 2 months was the same price as something that came out this week. Now they have and theyre offering the recent ones at €3.50 and the new ones at €5.35.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Dublindude69

I find the whole thing confusing and not thought out well enough like 90% of Xtra Vision offers. Pretty much why I don't really bother going anymore. Not to mention they constantly rearrange my local store and stuff it with so much stock that there is obviously no room for. The whole place has become a head ache, downloading off Xbox Live or Apple is cheaper and less of a head ache.

Advertisement