Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oddworld is BACK!!

Options
  • 16-07-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

http://www.jawltd.com/?p=546

It’s with a huge amount of pride that we can announce that for the past 12 months we have been working extremely closely with the fantastic people at Oddworld Inhabitants, from what started off as brief discussions in June 2009, to now working on multiple projects, across multiple platforms.

Whilst we cannot go into specifics right now, we can tell you that over the coming weeks and months we will be announcing these exciting projects starring all of your favourite Oddworld characters.

“To work with the team at Oddworld has been amazing; being able to tap the minds of Lorne Lanning, Sherry McKenna and others has been fantastic,” said Just Add Water’s Managing Director Stewart Gilray.

“It’s almost symbiotic in that when something moves forward on any of the projects we just start chatting about new items, or what if we do this,” Gilray continued. “We’re all extremely excited to breathe life into the Oddworld universe and indeed to let it breathe life into us.”

This is fantastic! I'm delighted they're making more Oddworld games now. Please return to Abe though :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Screw Abe, I want a sequel to The Neverhood

EDIT: And not the Skullmonkeys shyte

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Woo!

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath (and of course the preceeding games) has more imagination and fun that the vast majority of retail releases.

Hence, it failed miserably commercially.

Good to see a talented crew get back on its feet, and a success for more ambitious and imaginative games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Awesome!

I actually got back into playing the 1st one again, it's so annoyingly difficult at times but, dammit, I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL_j9MTOPXQ

i used to work in an meat factory years ago every morning as i came into work the music used to play in my head. fave game ever

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hello.

Hello!

Follow me.

Ok!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hello.

Hello!

Follow me.

Ok!

*Parp*

Hehehe

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

not at all surprising if you read the feature on Oddworld in the latest issue of GAMES.

Advertisement