Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance options - WHV Australia

Options
  • 16-07-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I am just looking for some advice as to what travel insurance company to go with. I booked my WHV independently however in hindsight maybe I should have done it with Sayit as their Visa deals includes 1 yrs insurance for €380 whereas their insurance alone is almost that price without the Visa and I have already paid almost €180 for my Visa.

Just looking for peoples experiences with regards to claiming etc however touch wood all will go to plan and I won't need to claim for anything :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I used getcover, it was cheap as chips.

http://www.getcover.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lloyd Xmas

+1 for getcover.com

Cheap and no hassle if you need to make a claim.
    Had an accident in Thailand a number of years ago and the refund for the medical bill was very straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Cheers for that recommendation.

Did you do any hazardous activities such as white water rafting or sky dive, would these be covered in the backpacker package or would you need to pay an additional premium?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lloyd Xmas

Here's the link to their Backpacker cover - It mentions there that it covers three Bungee Jumps, White Water Rafting and other things also.

I think there's a PDF that you can download from that page, where i'd say it'll run through everything for you.

http://www.getcover.ie/backpacker-travel-insurance.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Cool thats exactly what I was looking for. Bit of a wimp when it comes to extreme activities anyway so that should suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dasankita

HI
    can anyone tell me is there any insurance company which provide both backpacking and multi trip?

Advertisement