Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Nokia wasting their time with this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

can you post screenshot
    in most cases nokia put this down to cosmetic damage buddy and nothing can be done how old is it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If it's only a couple of weeks old take it back and get it exchanged for a new one. Your well within the time.

I hope this isn't another case of shabby build by Nokia and screens that crack themselves. Nokia build quality at the moment is probably the worst of any manufacturer.

Ahh the beauty of buying online:rolleyes:

I'd send it back anyway. It should have held up more than a few weeks, not fit for purpose etc.
    Did you pay by credit card? You can throw it up to them that they either replace it or you'll be calling your credit card company and getting them to take back the money.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Nokia were hardware innnovators. I had the first communicator, the analogue 232, I had the 2110i, the 8110i, the N90, the N93 - all incredible phones when they came out. And even though I have an iPhone 4, if Nokia came out in the morning with one of their kick ass handsets running Android, I'd be all over it. I have no faith in Symbian ^3, or Meego.

149 on 3 pay, did you really save that much?;)

There's only one screen on most phones, what your talking about is the outside housing, this bit:
    Original-Mobile-Phone-Housing-for-Nokia-White-E5.jpg

If it's this outside housing that's cracked they'll more than likely say it's your fault, it may be a waste sending it back.
    It's easy replace this bit though, i'd say it just clips off and your put on a new cover. Might be as easy spend the 10 odd euro getting a new front cover.

149 on 3 pay, did you really save that much?;)

There's only one screen on most phones, what your talking about is the outside housing, this bit:
    Original-Mobile-Phone-Housing-for-Nokia-White-E5.jpg

If it's this outside housing that's cracked they'll more than likely say it's your fault, it may be a waste sending it back.
    It's easy replace this bit though, i'd say it just clips off and your put on a new cover. Might be as easy spend the 10 odd euro getting a new front cover.

you will need torx key to remove cover it voids warrnty its easy to do though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What I dislike about Nokia, is how they bring out new features on new phones, which are software based, basically fixes and improvements to existing phones, and they often don't roll them back to their existing models. Often small little gripes but they effect usability in a big way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Hey guys, would it be much of a downgrade to go from an N97 to the E5? What would I be losing out on?

Hey guys, would it be much of a downgrade to go from an N97 to the E5? What would I be losing out on?

Go for an e72 if your after that type of phone or make the leap to android;)

Giving SERIOUS thought to going for an Android. Any options with a qwerty keyboard drunkmonkey?

E72 would be a better spec.

Giving SERIOUS thought to going for an Android. Any options with a qwerty keyboard drunkmonkey?

Check the maker is doing OS updates on its old phones. Some of them have a habit of stopping updates on certain models. So you'd s be stuck on an old OS version.

Sorry guys. Don't want to hijack this thread. E72 looks promising. Will ask the question separate for others searching.

Sorry guys. Don't want to hijack this thread. E72 looks promising. Will ask the question separate for others searching.

this is the same as the E72 in new clothes only better:D

jimmynokia wrote: »
    this is the same as the E72 in new clothes only better:D

What is the same as the E72?

you would be loosing anything it has a better browser does not crash its more stable too.:D

BostonB wrote: »
    What is the same as the E72?

the E5

• Advertisement

Hey Jimmy, you're a fan of the E5 then?
    Was looking at the E72 but E5 is 150 quid cheaper on 3. I can't see much in the difference to justify that kind of money.

E5 has a fixed focus camera whereas the E72 has a Autofocus camera which is much better.

http://senseapplied.com/index.php/e5-or-e72-the-specs-reveal-it-all/

Hey Jimmy, you're a fan of the E5 then?
    Was looking at the E72 but E5 is 150 quid cheaper on 3. I can't see much in the difference to justify that kind of money.

cheaper materials and camera overall its still more stable and no issues

Went for the E5 in the end. Just wanting something reliable after N97! Should hopefully have it today. Any body know who deliver 3 phones bought on their online store?

nightline or an post sorry

Have had it the last couple of days. Happy out so far. Camera isn't the best but it hasn't crashed and there's still loads of battery left so already it's leagues ahead of my N97 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Have had it the last couple of days. Happy out so far. Camera isn't the best but it hasn't crashed and there's still loads of battery left so already it's leagues ahead of my N97 :)

Thats good to hear Vinny - I couldn't be arsed with a camera (I have never bought a phone based on the camera)

I'm actually due an upgrade with 3 myself now and E5 is one i'm considering - I would be entitled to it free.
    Is there a Twitter app for this phone or is just FB/Skype/Messenger?

Cheers

there is a twitter app available
    FB etc is built in:)
    great phone by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

Hey Vinny,
    how you getting on with the E5?
    I ordered mine from 3 over the weekend and it arrived today (Fast and Easy)
    Phone was free too as I was entitled an upgrade :D

Will have a play later and post some feedback

• Advertisement

There isn't actually a Twitter app on the E5 it's a shortcut to the site. I use TweetS60 which is available from Ovi as is Snaptu which has Twitter built in.

Getting on grand with it Pablod. Finding the keyboard a while to get used to. Keys are very close together but all in all. It's a reliable phone with decent battery. Which is good enough for me for now.

How're you finding it?

Advertisement