Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike repairs

Options
  • 16-07-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

is there anybody who repairs bicycles in naas,except the cycle shops as money is tight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

whats wrong with it, they're easy to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

guil wrote: »
    whats wrong with it, they're easy to fix
    the gears keep sliping when i pedal but it does not slip out of gear it wil stay in the gear i put it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

check that there is none of the teeth are damaged or missing on the front or rear sprockets
    ur prob better off posting this in the cycling forum

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mr roper

guil wrote: »
    check that there is none of the teeth are damaged or missing on the front or rear sprockets
    ur prob better off posting this in the cycling forum
    cheers thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

FWIW Ive always been happy with Flemings in Naas and have found his prices to be reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

flemings only fix bikes if youve bought with them. i took a bike to get a puncture fixed and they wudnt do it, went to halfords in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Really? I thought my father brought a couple of bikes to them last year (not bought in Flemings) and they serviced and repaired them. Seems strange that they would turn away business like that...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

thats definitely what he told me, and i was fairly annoyed as i had wheeled it from my house with my toddler sat on the seat, he wouldnt do it even tho he could see i was struggling with the bike and child too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

djimi wrote: »
    Really? I thought my father brought a couple of bikes to them last year (not bought in Flemings) and they serviced and repaired them. Seems strange that they would turn away business like that...
    Unfortunately this is the case with many local bike shops since the cycle-to-work scheme came in, they're giving preference for repairs and servicing to the many bikes that are bought from them, they're simply inundated at the moment and strange as it may sound they just don't need the extra repair business which can be time consuming for them.

Advertisement