Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP Car Breakdown in galway

Options
  • 16-07-2010 6:28pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey im in a major jam! in spiddal for a week and car just brokedown, supposed to be out of the holiday home tommorow. The engine light is flashing and the car is jumping when im taking off in first. does anyone know a decent garage around spiddal, galway city i dunno, that may be open tommorow to take a look at it??? Please help!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Could be the air filter Keith, can you take the air filter off and clean about it and the intake and try again ??

Ring this guy, he did a callout (cheap) for my missus in that area and is local, get a quote befoe he does anything serious other thana roadside attempt to start it.

08761xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

keithgeo wrote: »
    Hey im in a major jam! in spiddal for a week and car just brokedown, supposed to be out of the holiday home tommorow. The engine light is flashing and the car is jumping when im taking off in first. does anyone know a decent garage around spiddal, galway city i dunno, that may be open tommorow to take a look at it??? Please help!!

Most the ones in the area will be closed at the weekend, your only option (and it's not a great one) might be Advance Pitstop on the Headford Road.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks for the replys guys, i rang the insurance and they sent out a recovery truck from west something recoverys. Guy was very helpfull, he is towing it to a guy he knows in Galway Tyre centre he said they are open tommorow from 9 and he will drop it down, he said he will be talking to him later and i should ring him at 11 tommorow, gave me the guys card. he checked out the car and said it sounded like the coil was gone. I dunno a friend over the phone earlier said coolent was leaking into where the sparks are as there was a slightly yellow coloured liquid in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Glad that you're sorted.
    Tbh, it could be anything. The mechanic will know what to do.

Advertisement