Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ranelagh

Options
  • 16-07-2010 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hey guys

Looking at accommodation for next term. Was just wondering what the distance from Ranelagh to UCD is like? I have no problem walking, any idea how long the walk is?
    I know there's a bus, the 11 , but I also know it's not the most consistent bus.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

From ranelagh village to milltown college 10 mins

milltown college to back gate of ucd 10 mins

back gate of ucd to middle of ucd 6 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

Cool thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I hate the no 11. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

It's a handy cycle as well, there's a cycle lane pretty much the entire way to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Or you could walk to the 46A or the 10 stops - mind you, routes have changed as of Sept so I think one of the 46's might go into UCD.

I was going to the Law School so it was better to get the 10 into campus as the walk from Ranelagh/back gate was extremely long

Depends where you're going to TBH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TheJeanGenie

I'll be in Health Sci so it's on the right side of campus for walking from the direction :)

I'd say having to walk to Law would've been a pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

I heart Ranelagh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Ranelagh is class, so close so it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

5 minutes in a car and about 10 minutes on the 11 or 11 B. I've only ever jogged it though so couldn't tell you how long it takes to walk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

You should definitely get a bike, it's a nice short cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

+1 for cycling :)
    Though it's also a grand walk, really.
    The 11 has become almost completely unreliable in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

It depends on where abouts in Ranelagh you are but should take about 35 mins from centre of Ranelagh to the centre of campus - did that walk for 3 years when I lived there and worked in UCD - great bit of exercise.

The 11 bus is quite unreliable - but if it was raining heavily I'd sometimes hop on one - but best bet is to buy some rain gear for Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

The 11 is rumoured to be changing later this year as part of Dublin Bus' network direct programme. Suggestions currently mooted include the 11 running only from city centre to Kilmacud, which should make it's arrival times in Ranelagh a little easier to work out.

But if you can, cycle! It's good exercise and likely quicker than the bus, just make sure you have a decent (not a cable) lock if locking up on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

stop wrote: »
    The 11 is rumoured to be changing later this year as part of Dublin Bus' network direct programme. Suggestions currently mooted include the 11 running from city centre to Kilmacud, which should make it's arrival times in Ranelagh a little easier to work out.

But if you can, cycle! It's good exercise and likely quicker than the bus, just make sure you have a decent (not a cable) lock if locking up on campus.

Em did it not always do this :confused:

Edit:oh do you mean axing the leg out to Wadelai PArk????

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Em did it not always do this :confused:

Edit:oh do you mean axing the leg out to Wadelai PArk????

Yup, my bad, just forgot the word only :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

pathway33 wrote: »
    From ranelagh village to milltown college 10 mins

milltown college to back gate of ucd 10 mins

back gate of ucd to middle of ucd 6 mins

26 minutes from Ranelagh village to the middle of UCD? :confused:
    Takes me about 40-45 mins, and I thought I was a fast walker :o

Advertisement