Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about gas?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I presume at some stage you are going to be selling gas like the way Bord Gáis sell electricity. Have you any info on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ESB CS: Chris

Hi Davy,

We are currently examining all aspects of entry into the Gas market and a final decision is expected later this year.

Many thanks
    Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I presume this is a question of when rather than if?

The ESB has had a licence for gas retail to end users for the last couple of years according to the CER.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

I think I read that some arm of the ESB already supply gas to a very small number of commercial customers. I would assume that since they are the largest buyers of gas in the country (for the power stations)that they should be getting a very good rate and I would agree it will be a matter of when...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

ESBIE, part of the ESB group, supply gas to some of their customers (commercial). Info in their Dec online newsletter;

http://www.esbie.ie/newsletter_2010/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Twenty10 wrote: »
    ESBIE, part of the ESB group, supply gas to some of their customers (commercial). Info in their Dec online newsletter;

http://www.esbie.ie/newsletter_2010/index.htm
    Yes.

I should add that the "ESB" that I was referring to was "ESB CS" and not ESBI/ESBIE. (As they are a ringfenced entity they would need a separate licence anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We are currently examining all aspects of entry into the Gas market and a final decision is expected later this year.
    Sounds like they're doing the clever thing, and waiting until after deregulation, so that the government cannot demand they overcharge the customers, to give a false edge to it's "competitors".

Advertisement