Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Prepay to Bill - Which phone to get?

Options
  • 16-07-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I'm looking for an upgrade to my existing phone setup. On Meteor prepay and looking to switch over to Bill and get a shiny new phone in the process. I'm not looking to spend too much on the phone itself(maybe under €50) and I'll be getting the €20/pm price plan.

My options are (from a quick glance):
    Nokia x6
    Sony Ericsson W995
    LG Optimus
    LG Viewty Smart

Im swaying towards to LG Optimus, but reviews say the screen isnt too responsive and its fairly slow, and Android 1.6, could I upgrade to 2.2 somehow??

Amy suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

None of them are a good choice, all have their fair share of problems, HTC legend would be a good phone on a budget but i'd go for one of the smart plans as you will need a data add on for any of the phones you've picked out.
    The legend should be under 50 quid and it's a pretty cool phone, N97 mini would be also worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Why Should I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Sorry should have clarified! Those phones are excellent but unfortunately I cant get them under the €20 price plan! Hence why I shortlisted the above models. The Desire is out of stock also.

It's financial suicide getting a smart phone without a data plan just go back through the posts in this thread and consumer issues, it might cost you an extra 10 euro per month but for that your getting 1GB of data and free meteor calls and texts, it's well worth cause if some kid picks up your phone and watched youtube for half and hour you could be looking at a 1000 euro bill. You have been warned!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

It's financial suicide getting a smart phone without a data plan just go back through the posts in this thread and consumer issues, it might cost you an extra 10 euro per month but for that your getting 1GB of data and free meteor calls and texts, it's well worth cause if some kid picks up your phone and watched youtube for half and hour you could be looking at a 1000 euro bill. You have been warned!!!

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind :D

• Advertisement

donmeister wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll keep it in mind :D

Do, anything outside of calls and texts will require a data add on or an overdraft, your decision but sometimes you have to spend money to save money;)

Advertisement