Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An update.

• 16-07-2010 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

Ok, i have not been on the forums for nearly two years as i was driving myself mad with all the rumours :D

I am currently in the middle of my 8th attempt.

I was just looking for a few opinions on things so far.

I had my AC last week and recieved a letter on Saturday to say i had passed, and the next letter i will recieve will been from the PSNI to notify me of vetting and a medical date.

How long do you's guys think it will be until i hear about a medical? and what is involved in the medical?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

can i ask how far you got in the previous attempts ? but well done for keeping the chin up and keep trying

atm no one knows what is happening, thou some members got vetting forms today and last week others got medical so things are still moving on but time wise who knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

chunkerz wrote: »
    can i ask how far you got in the previous attempts ? but well done for keeping the chin up and keep trying

atm no one knows what is happening, thou some members got vetting forms today and last week others got medical so things are still moving on but time wise who knows

This is the first time i have passed the AC.

So i am in new territory atm.

I keep rushing home from work to see what the postie has left for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭stillhopful

Firstly big congrats buddy alot of people would have thrown in the towel so kudos amigo

For some reason I got my vetting before my pass letter and then my medical invite arrived crazy early too but everyones different and with the freeze it's all up in the air too

Firstly big congrats buddy alot of people would have thrown in the towel so kudos amigo

For some reason I got my vetting before my pass letter and then my medical invite arrived crazy early too but everyones different and with the freeze it's all up in the air too

Thanks

Every time i didn't make it, i said to myself never again will i put myself through it, but the desire is too strong LOL.

It seems like nothing has changed i.e. the process is all over the place.

Does anyone know what's involved in the medical and what you can fail it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Thanks

Every time i didn't make it, i said to myself never again will i put myself through it, but the desire is too strong LOL.

It seems like nothing has changed i.e. the process is all over the place.

Does anyone know what's involved in the medical and what you can fail it on?

Like all medicals you can fail on pretty much anything - eyesights , colour vision , hearing , glycosuria , diabetes ,weight , poor lung capacity , etc - TBH the list is endless. Also they look into your medical history - so a previous illness or injury can cause you problems - history of mental illness seems to be a big No No for example , back trouble can also get looked at closely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

delancey42 wrote: »
    Like all medicals you can fail on pretty much anything - eyesights , colour vision , hearing , glycosuria , diabetes ,weight , poor lung capacity , etc - TBH the list is endless. Also they look into your medical history - so a previous illness or injury can cause you problems - history of mental illness seems to be a big No No for example , back trouble can also get looked at closely.

What if you had a mild depression when you were like 17?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

shampon wrote: »
    What if you had a mild depression when you were like 17?

As long as you didn't go nuts you should be fine.

psni wrote: »
    As long as you didn't go nuts you should be fine.

Like end up in a mental institution? Welcome back btw...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

shampon wrote: »
    Like end up in a mental institution? Welcome back btw...

(Thanks)

Yeah like carve things into your wrists or the like? Every teenager has highs and lows and nothing like that matters as long as it was just that low feeling that everyone gets at some point in their lives.

psni wrote: »
    (Thanks)

Yeah like carve things into your wrists or the like? Every teenager has highs and lows and nothing like that matters as long as it was just that low feeling that everyone gets at some point in their lives.

Cool, cheers for that.

• Advertisement

Would a wart on your finger be an issue when your doing the medical?

Once you have the finger amputated you should be grand :D

Seriously though , I really can't see that being an issue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

there isnt a suitable smiley for this so im going to say nothing lol

bc84 wrote: »
    there isnt a suitable smiley for this so im going to say nothing lol

I know it seems an odd thing, but I thought you could fail on skin conditions.

I know it seems an odd thing, but I thought you could fail on skin conditions.

It's a fair point because there would be severe skin conditions that could cause one to fail - but a single wart is nothing ( on your finger that is ;) ).

delancey42 wrote: »
    ( on your finger that is ;) ).

Thats me out.

Advertisement