Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford, Co. Kilkenny on Google Maps

• 16-07-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭

Its just a pet-peeve of mine that this error has been in Google Maps for months (years?) and that despite the bypass and such things being corrected, its still wrong! And its not because its Kilkenny and I'm being pedantic for the sake of it, it's misleading for visitors as I would assume Google Maps is one of the biggest references of directions for people travelling. Also it is a service used by other services such as Hotel location websites, FourSquare apps, other location based mobile apps. And it's simply careless that no matter where you are in Waterford City it seems you are in Co. Kilkenny. Anyone agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Anyone agree?

Personally I couldn't care less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Its just a pet-peeve of mine that this error has been in Google Maps for months (years?) and that despite the bypass and such things being corrected, its still wrong! And its not because its Kilkenny and I'm being pedantic for the sake of it, it's misleading for visitors as I would assume Google Maps is one of the biggest references of directions for people travelling. Also it is a service used by other services such as Hotel location websites, FourSquare apps, other location based mobile apps. And it's simply careless that no matter where you are in Waterford City it seems you are in Co. Kilkenny. Anyone agree?

I agree. Its just plainly wrong and inaccurate, and I wrote to them.

However, there is already a thread discussing this.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055866018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Ah very good! Sorry did a forum search but nothing showed up. Thanks for that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement