Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Release of Back To The Future.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah I remember my sister taking me to see it when I was 10 in the Adelhpi iirc! Would love to see it in the cinema again, absolutely love those movies, especially the 1st one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,866 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Definitely double-dipping for the Blu-ray!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭RINO87

Might even bring me horse in to see it this time!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ah, I watched the three about a year ago; really enjoyable family films. Highly considering the Blu-Rays :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I love cinema re-releases, there are loads of classic films I'd love to watch in the cinema. I'm considering double-dipping for the Blu-Rays too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Any chance this includes Irish cinemas too?

I would absolutely love to experience seeing BTTF on the big screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Love that movie and last week 6th July 2010 was the date Marty landed in the future in the first one :eek:!!

Love that movie and last week 6th July 2010 was the date Marty landed in the future in the first one :eek:!!
    Nope.. it really wasn't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

basquille wrote: »

Oh the Feckers!!!!! I got one and it had the 6th on it!! never even bothered to check it out!!! Thanks basquille :o:o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would love to see it in the cinema. Back to the Future 2 was probably the first movie I saw in the cinema ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭larchielads

for a sec there i thought the thread said "re-make":eek:

dear lord i hope no one even attempts to remake these films ever!!!!!

i think hollwood should bring out a law that they should never be remade and any director that even thinks about it should be liable for a public stoning til there dead....rant over.

classics and the best trilogy by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Definitely double-dipping for the Blu-ray!

I'll be triple dipping on this one, VHS > DVD > BluRay. :)

(BTW release date for the BluRays is also 25/10 in case anyones interested)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Any chance this includes Irish cinemas too?

I would absolutely love to experience seeing BTTF on the big screen.

Reckon Cineworld and UCI/Savoy will have them as they are UK companies! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Best trilogy ever,it's rare that they make trilogies where the second and third films are as good,if not better,than the originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i saw the third in the Cinema back when I was only seven. Oddly enough I remember the screen it was in (screen 2 in the Cineplex in Cork, miss that place), where I sat and what I ate. Which is odd, as I can't usually remember ten minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

L'prof wrote: »
    Back_to_the_future_2_date.jpg
    You new to Photoshop L'prof? More proof here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

You new to Photoshop L'prof? More proof here

Not sure what you mean. That's an actual image from the film...only 5 years until we get our hoverboards!

Not sure what you mean. That's an actual image from the film...only 5 years until we get our hoverboards!
    My apologies!

Yeah.. that's the right one. I thought you posted the doctored image with 2010 on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Yay!Thats my 24th bday! I know what I am getting!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I wonder will DeLorian cars get a relaunch aswell?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

for a sec there i thought the thread said "re-make":eek:

dear lord i hope no one even attempts to remake these films ever!!!!!

i think hollwood should bring out a law that they should never be remade and any director that even thinks about it should be liable for a public stoning til there dead.....

+1!

DON'T TOUCH ! should be engraved on the deeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

greetings wrote: »
    Best trilogy ever,it's rare that they make trilogies where the second and third films are as good,if not better,than the originals.

Don't think i agree - IMO the third one was very poor. The first was brilliant obviously and the second was genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

God I'd love to see this on the big screen! 25 years old though? I feel so old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

My all time favourites. I WILL BE THERE !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

When you see it you'l get it.
    129149629517786102.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I may be late to the party, but I honestly had no idea that Back To The Future was coming back to cinemas on October 1.

It's my favourite movie (and trilogy) of all time. Absolutely delighted at the news it's coming to cinemas again after so long! Reminds me I must pre-order the Blu Ray box set!

Out of curiosity, will it be in cinemas in Ireland or will this involve a flight to London one weekend? Any ideas if it's a limited release only?

New trailer below:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=28571

I decided to email the IFCO for their words on the BTTF re-release in October. Just checking to see if I need to book a flight to London for October 1 or not.

Here is what IFCO had to say today. Looks promising!

Dear X,

Thank you for your email.

We have just received a trailer for classification for the re-release of
    'Back to the Future' which would indicate a planned Irish release. No sign
    of the feature yet so cannot confirm if it will definitely be released or
    not.

Regards,
    Niall Munroe

Irish Film Classification Office
    Blackhall Walk,
    Smithfield,
    Dublin 7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No need for two threads on the subject. Keep all discussion in here, please!

• Advertisement

No need for two threads on the subject. Keep all discussion in here, please!

Duly noted! :)

Advertisement