Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Release of Back To The Future.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

I'm loving the inclusion of the exclamation mark along the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I am surprised they didn't try and transform it into 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

this is completely unneccessary.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am surprised they didn't try and transform it into 3D.

221-4887770439053.jpg

Still looks fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

They should have done a make over for the three films(redone the likes of Jaws19). I don't see any point in going to the cinema to see a movie(no matter how good it is) i have seen so many times, i definately wouldn't be going to london

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sonovagun wrote: »
    They should have done a make over for the three films(redone the likes of Jaws19). I don't see any point in going to the cinema to see a movie(no matter how good it is) i have seen so many times, i definately wouldn't be going to london

CGI in BTTF? sacrilege! you remember the monstrosity that was the 2002 version of E.T. right?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sonovagun wrote: »
    Exactly.....like replacing hoverboards with walkie talkies and biff and his friends with ewoks............wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Why not re-release Back to the Future?

I've gone to see a few of the showings of old films in The Screen and thought it was great to see those films on the big screen.
    To be honest, I think I'd rather watch Back to the Future than anything that has been released in recent years, and I would consider myself and avid cinema goer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of re-releases too. I've gotten to see some wonderful films like 2001, Blues Brothers, Rashomon and Breathless on the big screen in the last year: films I would never have seen in the cinema otherwise. Getting to see the first two Toy Story films again was amazing too. I will always be of the opinion that the big screen is the best way to view a film, and for those of us too young to have missed these first time around, it's a welcome re-release. Yeah, I've seen Back to the Future countless times too, but seeing it on the big screen is an exciting opportunity. No remastering necessary - just be able to enjoy a favourite film in a screen with lots of other fans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Exactly.....like replacing hoverboards with walkie talkies and biff and his friends with ewoks............wait
    A millenium falcon instead of the DeLorean perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Looks like Cineworld are not screening it. Got this email from them today, though it looks a bit 'Dear John' to me so take it with a pinch of salt.
    Dear X,

Thank you for contacting Cineworld.

According to our release projection, we will not be screening Back To The Future . However this can be subjected to change. Our programme information is updated every Tuesday for the next 7-9 days. Please keep an eye on the website for updates.

http://www.cineworld.ie/

I do hope this is of help to you and should you have any further queries please feel free to contact our Customer Services on 0844 815 7747.

Kind Regards

Bianca Marzan
    Customer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Marty McFly and Doc Brown are coming back to the cinema this October remastered for the digital generation.

Link to trailer

http://www.empireonline.com/News/story.asp?nid=28571

Link to new movie poster

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=28623

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You might want to check out this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055971421 Old news.

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of re-releases too. I've gotten to see some wonderful films like 2001, Blues Brothers, Rashomon and Breathless on the big screen in the last year: films I would never have seen in the cinema otherwise. Getting to see the first two Toy Story films again was amazing too. I will always be of the opinion that the big screen is the best way to view a film, and for those of us too young to have missed these first time around, it's a welcome re-release. Yeah, I've seen Back to the Future countless times too, but seeing it on the big screen is an exciting opportunity. No remastering necessary - just be able to enjoy a favourite film in a screen with lots of other fans!

Speaking of re-releases it didn't take long for Avatar extended version to be released,it's on the way folks.
    Back on topic,looking forward to Back to the Future being unveiled to a whole new audience that may have never seen it on a big screen if ever.And for us that remember it when first released.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

"Roads?, Where we're goin, we don't need Roads!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

About 18 months ago I was lucky enough to watch Back To The Future at a film festival in Essex. It was a free screening so it got relegated to the smallest screen in the cinema but just seeing it with a couple of hundred other people on the big screen was an amazing experiance. I'd thoroughly recommend it to any fans of what is, in my opinion, the greatest film ever made.

I'll definitely be watching the re-release next month, whether it's screened over here or whether I have to book a flight to the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

"Roads?, Where we're goin, we don't need Roads!

Connaught?

Well Cineworld have it listed for an October 1st release.

http://www.cineworld.ie//

Listed under the coming soon section.

Great Scott!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Omniplex in Galway also have this listed for Oct 1st release, will be one of the better films I've seen there this year :pac:

Marty McFly: Listen... If things don't work out at the dance tonight, and my folks don't get back together, when do you think I'll start to fade out?

Doc: Beats the shìt out of me.

• Advertisement

Dr. Emmett Brown: What on Earth's this thing I'm wearing?
    Marty McFly: Ah, this, this is a radiation suit.
    Dr. Emmett Brown: Radiation suit? Of course, because of all the fallout from the atomic wars.

Not too early. I sleep in Saturdays. Oh, McFly, your shoe's untied...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

deadly !

i am WELL up for this. best buy i bought in ages was the three pack of the trilogy. they just hold up so well.

great script , sublime acting , the jokes work and its got great heart.

in fact if this gets a release in VUE im getting the lads together to go as a group.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭GlennGeo

Anyone know if it will be showing in VUE Liffey Valley?

Wonder if Martys hand will look better when he is being erased from existence

bttfposter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Wonder if Marty's hand will look better when he is being erased from existence

Indeed. That and the ropey fire trail in the Twin Pines mall (the shot where Doc and Marty look over their shoulders after the vanished DeLorean) are probably the only flaws in an otherwise perfect film.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Screen in Dublin are showing it.

Glad Cineworld are too. That said I found out I'll be working in London the week it comes out so I'll go watch it there after work (every night haha). HURRAH! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

GlennGeo wrote: »
    Anyone know if it will be showing in VUE Liffey Valley?

Wonder if Martys hand will look better when he is being erased from existence

They'd better leave it alone, no digital tinkering needed, its an 80's movie made in the 80's with 80's effects, its fine the way it is.

Indeed. That and the ropey fire trail in the Twin Pines mall (the shot where Doc and Marty look over their shoulders after the vanished DeLorean) are probably the only flaws in an otherwise perfect film.

I know what you mean but those effects are pretty iconic, particularly the DeLorean's fire-trail. I'm not opposed to touching up shots like that but I hope the digital process is limited to just cleaning up the picture and sound.

Christ, I'm excited about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Nah, I don't want any hokey-pokey touching of the special effects.............leave them alone!

The ropey effects (very few of them) have their charm because they show at a time when they tried to achieve something on relatively restricted technology...........ambition.

I can't wait to see this in the cinema................heh, probably one of the very few times where I go to a cinema and KNOW the film is going to be awesome! :pac:

Advertisement