Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-Release of Back To The Future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Seen it in Swords tonight myself (9.20pm show).

Yeah, was very surprised it was not a full house

Me too!

:pac: Where were you sitting?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Alicat wrote: »
    Me too!

:pac: Where were you sitting?....

Me three! I went to the 9:20 pm showing at the Pav.

It was truly a privilege to see my favourite film of all-time on the big screen. Loved the fact folk were applauding at the end too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Was excellent! Was a bit to surprised that the screen (Pavilions in Swords) was only half full.

I'll probably even go see it again :D

+1. Vue in Liffey Valley wasnt even half full!

Was so good though! Will check it out in cineworld some evening after work I reckon. Loved it. Funny as! :cool:
    ..Now I can die happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Going to see it this evening :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Galvasean wrote: »
    Going to see it this evening :)

me too! was wondering how come i didn't have to book seats, just tickets. Maybe we're just BTTF marks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

one of my fave films .. jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Saw it in Vue Liffey Valley last night... the 21:30 show.... only about two thirds full. Couldn't believe it!

First time I've seen it in the cinema as I was only a baby when it was originally released. The O/H had (brace yourselves) NEVER seen BTTF before from start to finish!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Loved seeing it in the cinema, one of my favourite films. Christopher LLoyd steals the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Saw it there in the Omniplex in Limerick, a whopping 10 people in the screening, one of the best movies ever made gets rereleased and nobody goes to see it, but when Epic Movie 5 or some sh1t is one it'll be packed, proof positive that cinema audiences these days are mostly morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

talking about this to my gf; she reckons this run in the cinema is doing poorly because BTTF is on every Christmas for free on TV so only 'hardcore' fans would go spend a tenner on it.....who also have it on DVD already :pac: (like myself)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

after waiting this long already i dont get why they didnt just leave it until 2015

also it could have been a bit better publicised

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Me too!

Where were you sitting?....

I was just behind you, perving on ya ;)

Nah, was three rows from the back, few seats in.
    indough wrote: »
    after waiting this long already i dont get why they didnt just leave it until 2015

also it could have been a bit better publicised

Ah, but 2010 was the future date that was eluded to in the first BTTF :)

Maybe they're saving BTTF 2 for 2015.

Although, think if the Screen where to show 2 & £ back to back now, I'd be there for sure, don't think I could hold out for the digital versions to be released.

I was just behind you, perving on ya ;)

Nah, was three rows from the back, few seats in.

If you were by yourself, and had a pale jacket over the seat in front of you, I was sitting next to you :pac:

Ah, but 2010 was the future date that was eluded to in the first BTTF :)

how was it alluded to in the first movie?

i dont remember that and on googling it this is what i found:

bttf 2010 hoax

most relevant part here:
    Doc DOES NOT set the time circuits for anytime in 2010.
    It is his intention to go “25 years into the future” (on Oct 26th 1985) but as you well know he is not able to travel through time at this point as he is chased down and caught by the Lybians before he manages to key this date in. By this point he has only input 4 dates to the time circuits;
    - 1 minute into the future, to send his dog through time.
    - July 4, 1776 – Declaration of Independence (Showing Marty where they ‘could go’)
    - December 25, 0000 (same as above, birth of Jesus)
    - November 5, 1955 – the date when he discovered the Flux Capacitor, and where marty ends up. (Doc – “A red letter day in the history of science”)

I think the confusion has come about between the July 4th 1776, and the idea he “Intended” on travelling to the year 2010.

If you were by yourself, and had a pale jacket over the seat in front of you, I was sitting next to you :pac:

Not me unfortunately, was he cute? :D

Nah, was my brother, aisle seat.

It was amazing empty the front bit was.

We wanted to sit a little closer but the girl was saying people would be coming for the closer seats, believed it too as I was sure it would be a sell out.

What's wrong with people choosing other movies on the night Back To The Future opens :p

how was it alluded to in the first movie?

i dont remember that and on googling it this is what i found.

Don't mind Google ;)
    Back To The Future (1985)

Marty
    :
    The future, it's where you're going?

Doc:
    That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.

Marty
    :
    Uh, Doc.

Doc:
    Huh?

Marty:
    Uh, look me up when you get there.

Doc:
    Indeed I will, roll em. I, Doctor Emmett Brown, am about to embark on an historic journey.

yeah but thats just a tiny insignificant line in the movie

2015 is clearly of more importance considering a large part of one of the movies is actually spent there, and the doc never actually went to 2010

yeah but thats just a tiny insignificant line in the movie.

Insignificant??

Wash your mouth out child :)

If the fecking Libyans hadn't showed up, Doc would have been off to 2010 and so, that been the only future date that has any significane with the original movie, I think it quite apt that that 2010 was the year they re-released it.
    2015 is clearly of more importance considering a large part of one of the movies is actually spent there..

"One" of the movies, sure - but just not this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They've re-released it this year to plug the Blu-Ray releae. They weren't going to hold off on that.

Saw it in Cineworld in Dublin last night. Loved it, as always.

Not me unfortunately, was he cute? :D

Nah, was my brother, aisle seat.

It was amazing empty the front bit was.

We wanted to sit a little closer but the girl was saying people would be coming for the closer seats, believed it too as I was sure it would be a sell out.

What's wrong with people choosing other movies on the night Back To The Future opens :p

They're knobs, that's what! I was thinking that 20th Century Fox would make a mint if they re-released Home Alone in time for Christmas...

Eh, no...slightly older man....but it could have been you, how would I know? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I saw it in Cineworld at 1:00 on Friday, about a third full, at most. Obviously, there are millions of classic moments, but the two things I thought got the biggest laughs were Doc doing his wavy hands routine after Marty asks him if he ripped off the plutonium, and Marty's own, immortal, "Better get used to these bars, kid".

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Saw it in Vue Liffey Valley last night... the 21:30 show.... only about two thirds full. Couldn't believe it!

First time I've seen it in the cinema as I was only a baby when it was originally released. The O/H had (brace yourselves) NEVER seen BTTF before from start to finish!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Loved seeing it in the cinema, one of my favourite films. Christopher LLoyd steals the show

you know in fairness we should be delighted at this.

two thirds full attendence for a film that'll more than likely be in peoples DVD collection is brilliant.

particularly when you factor in the recession and the extortionate prices of cinemas (lets be honest, if your getting food its the guts of a twenty for one ! )

i mean you could buy the box set for less in places.

many of the films ive gone to see this year in vue had less than a dozen people in attendence so i'd call this a vindication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The screening I went to see in Cineworld on Saturay was over 3/4 full (screen 8 at ten past six). What was really cool is that the audience contained loads of families. Obviously parents want their kids to grow up with some good taste in movies :)

- except that one kid that kept yawning really loudly. We should do a Sparta and get kids like that out of the gene pool.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Saw it last night, and its as awesome as i remember it. Looks fantastic, and i'm surprised how its held up over the years. It's actually still quite funny. The whole cinema clapped at the end, and while i normally hate when people do that, i found myself clapping to it as well.

Great film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The screening I went to see in Cineworld on Saturay was over 3/4 full (screen 8 at ten past six). What was really cool is that the audience contained loads of families. Obviously parents want their kids to grow up with some good taste in movies :)

Yeah that was class! so brilliant, i want them to re release the others now too! i wanna see Irish MJF on the big screen :p
    - except that one kid that kept yawning really loudly. We should do a Sparta and get kids like that out of the gene pool.

yeah i hated that f*cker....he laughed more at the trailer for little fockers.....we should kill him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

can't wait when is it back in the cinema ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Watched this last night in the Eye Cinema in Galway at 21:40, the crowd was small but it was no ghost town either.

Even though I know the movie inside out, seeing it on the big screen for the first time in all it's super remastered version made me feel like a kid watching it at Xmas again! :D

I also completely forgot about the insane amount of advertising that's in this movie. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Saw it last night in Dundrum, with two men and a dog!

Couldn't believe it. I even prebooked my tickets because I thought it would be sold out!

Just a great great movie. I did notice that the sound was considerably better than on the DVD. It's actually the first time I've made that distinction in a long time, most of the time the sound in Dundrum (where I see most of my movies), is rubbish. Some of the visual effects are dodgy, but the script is fantastic. The storyline, with its recurring lines and scenarios shouldn't work but it does. If I didn't already have the Trilogy on DVD I'd go to see it in the cinema again tomorrow.

My sister went to see it last night, on my recommendationm with her 16 year old sister in law. Neither of them have seen it before so I can't wait to hear what they say about it.

The phrase "They dont make them like they used to" is thrown about all too easily these days but in the case of BTTF it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It. Was. FANTASTIC.

I've not seen it in about 15 years, but what a movie. The 21:10 showing in Cineworld was about 3/4 full but not a person under 20 there that I could see and we rounded it off with an applause.

I'd go see the second and the third one if they get this treatment too. It was an experience and one I'll probably treasure. Hands down the best movie I've seen in the cinema all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I must have watched this movie about 20 times over the years, but to see it in the cinema was fantastic. I'm a little torn if I want them to do the same with the second and third, or if they should just leave it at that.

What would have been a nice kitsch touch would be if they had played at least one trailer from the period before the movie, but I guess only people like me would appreciate that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Hey, anyone know how long this will run for, in Vue specifically?
    My son and I are big fans but I won’t get the chance to go until the Bank Holiday weekend :(

Also, no one has mentioned any graphics updates, is there any in it?

Advertisement